2005-02-22 10:39:20

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] trying to send data at HCI level

Hi Mohan,

> Thanks a lot. Is there any API function available in
> blueZ to send and recv the data at HCI level. I am using USB bluetooth
> dongles on the both PC's

since this is a raw socket you can also use read() and write(), but you
must conform to the H:4 host transport specification.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Benny,

> I was trying to send HCI command i define all the
> debug tools of buetooth.ko.
> Therfore I create AF_Bluetooth socket family.
> My data isn't received by my dongle.
>
> for debuging I was searching for the command read()
> from socket in the hci_sock.c side.
> But I didn't find it.
> I think that it's hci_sock_sendmsg() wich forward my
> HCI command to hci_usb.ko.
>
> but how bluetooth.ko layer catch my HCI command?

I have no idea what you are doing, but the HCI raw socket allows you to
send any command you like. Look at the library source code for more
information.

Regards

Marcel

by BZ Benny

Hi,

I was trying to send HCI command i define all the
debug tools of buetooth.ko.
Therfore I create AF_Bluetooth socket family.
My data isn't received by my dongle.

for debuging I was searching for the command read()
from socket in the hci_sock.c side.
But I didn't find it.
I think that it's hci_sock_sendmsg() wich forward my
HCI command to hci_usb.ko.

but how bluetooth.ko layer catch my HCI command?

regards
benny

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com/