2005-02-23 13:35:06

by Ka Kin Cheung

Subject: [Bluez-users] sdp problem

Hi all!
Now I'm still thinking about how to implement sdp in my program so that the PC can let the bluetooth mobile devices connect to PC and then involve in the program. I searched about sdptool.c, but it doesn't help so much because I find no part that can really implement in my program. Then I borrowed books about Bluetooth sdp, but I can't find any method to write sdp C API. So, I wish to know that is there any reference for me to write sdp C API? Or instead of sdptool.c, is there any file that I can refer for SDP? Thank you very much.
Michael

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

2005-02-28 06:27:23

by Alain Volmat

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: sdp problem

Hi Michael,

your story is just too difficult to follow ... (or maybe it's just me)
You know mentioned about Synchronize but before you spoke about HF and HS=

anyway, as far as Synchonize profile is concerned, I have never used it.
(and I actually don't know if sdptool is able to create a record for it).
So you should check this first. If sdptool doesn't allow to create a reco=
rd
for synchronisation profile, you should directly use the bluez library=20
to create it.

And since (if I remember correctly) synchronisation profile is located=20
on the top of the OBEX layer you should use the openobex library and not
RFCOMM sockets directly.

Sincerely,

Alain

* Ka Kin Cheung [Mon, 28 Feb 2005 at 14:04 +0800]
<quote>
> Hi Alain,
> Actually, I've tried to do for "sdptool add <service>", and it was =
success. But what I found disappointing is I cannot find any service in t=
he "sdptool --help" that the T610 can show "synchronization" in the "serv=
ice list". So, even thoguh I could add "system(...)" syntax follooowed by=
"sdp_main()" and then "socket()", "listen()", "bind()" and then "accept(=
)" functions, I still can't see any desired results. So, my question now =
becomes "how can I link the SDP setting and socket programming of the ser=
ver together so that the SDP service can be added in my Linux PC followed=
by waiting the devices, especially T610, and then accept the connections=
?" Thank you very much.
> Michael
> Alain Volmat <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>=20
> I'm not sure to understand all your saying but, I'll try to describe yo=
> what I think should be done. (I don't think I'm the first one to tell y=
ou=20
> that but ... still).
>=20
> Saying simply, you need two thing, a little program which listen to a=20
> specific RFCOMM channel (lets say channel 1). This part, you have to=20
> write it by yourself using rfcomm socket interface (or tty interface
> if that's enough for you to test). So now that you have your program
> listen on RFCOMM channel 1, you need to advertise this new service you
> are providing. This is done by using SDP.
> If you don't do that, nobody (for example your phone) will know that
> you have a program listening the channel 1 of RFCOMM.
>=20
> So you need to register a new SDP service, by either including
> some code in your program (based for example on sdptool) or=20
> if it's enough for testing, you can use the sdptool command line.
> One parameter when registering a new service is the RFCOMM channel
> (well, in case of HS or HF) is the channel.
> you can try the command: sdptool add
> this shows you the command line to add a new service, allowing
> you to set the channel. If here you say that your HF service is
> one channel 1, I guess your phone should be happy with that and should
> let you connect to the PC....
>=20
> Alain
>=20
>=20

by Ka Kin Cheung

Hi Alain,
Actually, I've tried to do for "sdptool add <service>", and it was success. But what I found disappointing is I cannot find any service in the "sdptool --help" that the T610 can show "synchronization" in the "service list". So, even thoguh I could add "system(...)" syntax followed by "sdp_main()" and then "socket()", "listen()", "bind()" and then "accept()" functions, I still can't see any desired results. So, my question now becomes "how can I link the SDP setting and socket programming of the server together so that the SDP service can be added in my Linux PC followed by waiting the devices, especially T610, and then accept the connections?" Thank you very much.
Michael
Alain Volmat <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

I'm not sure to understand all your saying but, I'll try to describe you
[...]

2005-02-28 05:40:41

[...]

* Ka Kin Cheung [Mon, 28 Feb 2005 at 13:22 +0800]
<quote>
> Hi Alain,
> Thanks for your comment. But I have questions about headset/handsfree=
part. You said that I can directly use RFCOMM socket i.e. use the function=
s socket(), bind(), listen() and accept(). But when I implemented in my pro=
gram and then run it, there isn't anything that I can see. Then I asked my =
project's tutor, and he said that SDP is needed. Then I tried to add SDP se=
rvices in my Linux PC, but the strange thing is, the T610 cannot show "sync=
hronisation" in the "My device" list's "service list" so that even though I=
can add my Linux PC in my "handsfree device" list, the T610 cannot connect=
to the PC by showing "Nluetooth connection failed". So, what can I do for =
SDP? And how the program for the phone and even other mobile devices can be=
listened in a specific channel can be written? Is there any example code f=
or it? I provide the information here so that you can know what I mean and =
I can do.
> Channel for connecting T610: 1
> code for sdp implemented into my program:=20
> system("sdptool add SAP");
> sdp_main(argc, argv); //sdp_main is the main function in sdptool.c
> //and I modified it for implementing in m=
y main program
> I do hope that you can help me according to my provided information.
> Michael
>=20
>=20
> Alain Volmat <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>=20
> as Luis wrote you need to write a little program which listen as a specif=
ic
> (protocol/channel).
>=20
> As far as file transfer/object push, I think both are located on the top
> of the OBEX layer what you should do is to play a bit with openobex.
>=20
> As far as headset/handsfree are concerned, it needs SCO and AT commands
> directly on the top of RFCOMM (if I remember correctly), so for handling
> of AT commands, you can directly use RFCOMM socket (socket,bind,listen,ac=
cept).
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Alain
>=20
>=20
> * Ka Kin Cheung [Mon, 28 Feb 2005 at 12:06 +0800]
>=20
> > Hi Soraberri!
> > I wish to know how to implement the basic service profiles such as SIM =
Access, headset, handsfree, file transfer and Object Push so that the Linux=
PC can listen for the T610 client to connect to the PC? Thank you very muc=
h.
> [...]

> > dongle driver was installed in my PC. Then I press "update" key to
> > update services, and I found headset, synchronisation, object push and
> > file transfer in the "Service list" for my Windows PC. So, how can I do
> > for sdp in my Linux PC as my project is done on Linux? Thank you very
> > much for your kindness.
> > Michael
>
> You can advertise standard services in Linux using 'sdptool add ...' but
> advertising is not the same as offering... To offer a real service, an
> application has to be implemented and listening for clients at the
> appropiate network protocols and ports. Maybe what it is happening in
> windows is that most basic profiles are already implemented and
> correctly advertised. With BlueZ you can also advertise them in order
> to be seen by a remote device, but they won't work until you don't

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

2005-02-28 04:20:32

by Alain Volmat

Hi Michael,

> [...]

d=20
> > file transfer in the "Service list" for my Windows PC. So, how can I =
do=20
> > for sdp in my Linux PC as my project is done on Linux? Thank you very=
=20
> > much for your kindness.
> > Michael
>=20
> You can advertise standard services in Linux using 'sdptool add ...' bu=
> advertising is not the same as offering... To offer a real service, an
> application has to be implemented and listening for clients at the
> appropiate network protocols and ports. Maybe what it is happening in
> windows is that most basic profiles are already implemented and
> correctly advertised. With BlueZ you can also advertise them in order
> to be seen by a remote device, but they won't work until you don't

by Ka Kin Cheung

Ka Kin Cheung wrote:
> Hi!
> The strange thing is here:
> For Linux, when my phone searched for my PC, the PC can be found and
> then added in the "My device" list, but when I looked at "Service list",
> none service can be found. Then I opened Windows XP and the bluetooth
> dongle driver was installed in my PC. Then I press "update" key to
> update services, and I found headset, synchronisation, object push and
> file transfer in the "Service list" for my Windows PC. So, how can I do
> for sdp in my Linux PC as my project is done on Linux? Thank you very
> much for your kindness.
> Michael

You can advertise standard services in Linux using 'sdptool add ...' but
advertising is not the same as offering... To offer a real service, an
application has to be implemented and listening for clients at the
appropiate network protocols and ports. Maybe what it is happening in
windows is that most basic profiles are already implemented and
correctly advertised. With BlueZ you can also advertise them in order
to be seen by a remote device, but they won't work until you don't
implement them. I hope this helps.

regards,
Luis

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

2005-02-26 13:22:51

by Ka Kin Cheung

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] sdp problem

Hi all!
I've waited for the reply on my question in these few days, but I can't see any reply about it. But today I found something about SDP, and hope that it may be help for my project.
The good news is as follows: I can connect my T610 to my home's Windows PC by adding "Handsfree device" and then connect it. But the connection period is very short, with about 3-5 seconds as I don't have any other operation for T610. So, I wish to know how can I do so that the connection period will be longer and disconnect by myself?
But the bad news is: I can't find HF (Handsfree) service in my home's Linux PC. The configuration of BlueZ in my Linux PC is the most updated version. The list follow is the libaries and tools that I've installed:
bluez-utils-2.15
bluez-libs-2.15
bluez-pan-1.1-1.i386.rpm
bluez-sdp-1.5-1.i386.rpm
bluez-hcidump-1.18
bluez-firmware-1.0
Let's see if the above installations are correct. If so, why can't I find the HF service in "sdptool --help" in my home's PC, but can in my Lab's PC?
By the way, I've my thought about SDP and socket programming in my main program. I think that in order to accept connection from T610 and then iPAQ to Linux PC, the sequence should be follows: add_service()-->bind()-->listen()-->accept()-->the parts that I've done before. Am I right? Please give evaluation here. It is noted that it is not only the programming question, but also a question for Bluetooth connection from outside devices to Linux PC as the reference books stated about sdp and socket programming are not so clear together.
Thank you very much.
Michael

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

2005-02-24 10:04:45

by Ka Kin Cheung

Hi all!
I've read the email from Marco Trudel and Luis.
Then I tried the things they have stated. I'd like to
reply their mail here.
For Luis's mail, I tried to add services in my
Linux PC. Then my T610 can find it. But then, how can
I do so that the T610 can be offered a real service so
that it can access my PC? And what I want is: when my
main program is running, the PC will wait until T610
and, in the later case, iPAQ to connect to PC and then
do the access in my PC. So, after I added the services
in my PC, how can I do for T610 and/or PC?
For Marco's email, firstly, I've asked y tutor,
and he said that for T610, the possible way using sdp
and connecting to Linux PC is to let T610 as headset,
and then do for it. About KDE, actually, in my
project, it may not be used, but does it work like
GTK+, and can it be really implemented in T610? For
the program that listens on a rfcomm channel, I think
that the most important thing is how I put the
functions from sdptool in my main program as I found
that the way to do is to let the main program to add
services once it runs the program. But then what I
have to solve is even though the services are added,
how can I do so that the T610 and other bluetooth
mobile devices such as iPAQ can find the services that
my PC provides and then connect to PC i.e. how can the
program wait for accepting connections from outside
bodies? (That's the point what I think.) And you told
me to write a client program for T610 that listens for
rfcomm channel and then type "sdptool add --channel=6
OPUSH", but does my thought better? Finally, here is
the output when I run "hcidump -t- X" after I added
headset service in my PC:
[root@cm218-253-8-120 root]# hcidump -t -X
HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 1.18
device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
1109237997.436839 > HCI Event: Connect Request (0x04)
plen 10
0000: a8 d8 dd d9 0a 00 04 02 52 01
........R.
1109237997.437040 < HCI Command: Accept Connection
Request (0x01|0x0009) plen 7
bdaddr 00:0A:D9:DD:D8:A8 role 0x01
Role: Slave
1109237997.455844 > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f)
plen 4
0000: 00 01 09 04
1109237997.476836 > HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03)
plen 11
0000: 00 29 00 a8 d8 dd d9 0a 00 01 00
.).........
1109237997.477840 < HCI Command: Write Link Policy
Settings (0x02|0x000d) plen 4
handle 41 policy 0x0f
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
1109237997.478837 > HCI Event: Page Scan Repetition
Mode Change (0x20) plen 7
0000: a8 d8 dd d9 0a 00 01
1109237997.494834 > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e)
plen 6
0000: 01 0d 08 00 29 00
....).
1109237997.495833 < HCI Command: Change Connection
Packet Type (0x01|0x000f) ple
n 4
handle 41 ptype 0xcc18
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5
0000: 29 00 18 cc
)...
1109237997.510833 > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f)
plen 4
0000: 00 01 0f 04
1109237997.512830 > HCI Event: Connection Packet Type
Changed (0x1d) plen 5
0000: 00 29 00 18 00
.)...
1109237997.528831 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Connect req: psm 1 scid 0x0043
1109237997.532192 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Connect rsp: dcid 0x0040 scid 0x0043
result 0 status 0
1109237997.538828 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.542826 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0040 flags 0x00 clen
4
MTU 251
1109237997.544863 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0043 flags 0x00
result 0 clen 0
1109237997.544873 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0043 flags 0x00 clen
0
1109237997.550820 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.552818 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.556828 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0040 flags 0x00
result 0 clen 0
1109237997.561823 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 17
1109237997.563845 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x01
dlen 17
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 30 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0x19
pat uuid-16 0x1108 (Headset)
max 65535
aid(s) 0x0001 (SrvClassIDList) 0x0004
(ProtocolDescList) 0x0009 (BTPro
fileDescList) 0x0100 (SrvName) 0x0302 (unknown)
cont 00
1109237997.564242 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 69
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0043 len 65 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x3c
count 57
record #0
aid 0x0001 (SrvClassIDList)
< uuid-16 0x1108 (Headset) uuid-16
0x1203 (Audio) >
aid 0x0004 (ProtocolDescList)
< < uuid-16 0x0100 (L2CAP) > <
uuid-16 0x0003 (RFCOMM) uint 0x5 > >
aid 0x0009 (BTProfileDescList)
< < uuid-16 0x1108 (Headset) uint
0x100 > >
aid 0x0100 (SrvName)
str "Headset"
cont 00
1109237997.575821 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.586821 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 17
1109237997.588822 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x01
dlen 17
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 30 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0x19
pat uuid-16 0x111e (Handsfree)
max 65535
aid(s) 0x0001 (SrvClassIDList) 0x0004
(ProtocolDescList) 0x0009 (BTPro
fileDescList) 0x0100 (SrvName) 0x0311 (unknown)
cont 00
1109237997.589204 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 14
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0043 len 10 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x5
count 2
cont 00
1109237997.595815 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.605820 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 17
1109237997.607819 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x01
dlen 14
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 27 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0x16
pat uuid-16 0x1107 (IRMCSyncCmd)
max 65535
aid(s) 0x0001 (SrvClassIDList) 0x0004
(ProtocolDescList) 0x0009 (BTPro
fileDescList) 0x0100 (SrvName)
cont 00
1109237997.608241 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 14
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0043 len 10 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x5
count 2
cont 00
1109237997.614814 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.623845 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 17
1109237997.626806 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x01
dlen 17
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 30 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0x19
pat uuid-16 0x1105 (OBEXObjPush)
max 65535
aid(s) 0x0001 (SrvClassIDList) 0x0004
(ProtocolDescList) 0x0009 (BTPro
fileDescList) 0x0100 (SrvName) 0x0303
(SuppFormatsList)
cont 00
1109237997.627228 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 14
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0043 len 10 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x5
count 2
cont 00
1109237997.633810 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.642832 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 17
1109237997.644810 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x01
dlen 14
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 27 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0x16
pat uuid-16 0x1106 (OBEXObjTrnsf)
max 65535
aid(s) 0x0001 (SrvClassIDList) 0x0004
(ProtocolDescList) 0x0009 (BTPro
fileDescList) 0x0100 (SrvName)
cont 00
1109237997.645280 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 14
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0043 len 10 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x5
count 2
cont 00
1109237997.652807 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.661825 > ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn req: dcid 0x0040 scid 0x0043
1109237997.661885 < ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02
dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn rsp: dcid 0x0040 scid 0x0043
1109237997.667805 > HCI Event: Number of Completed
Packets (0x13) plen 5
0000: 01 29 00 01 00
.)...
1109237997.763783 > HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05)
plen 4
0000: 00 29 00 13
.)..
I do hope that you all can help me to solve my
problem and confusing based on my information given to
all of you. Thank you very much for your kindness.
Michael

by Marco Trudel

Hello Michael

there was a post about the same problem with a T610. I don't remember what
was the conclusion of it, but you might search the archive for it. I think
I already gave you the direct link once.
What tells hcidump?

regards
Marco

Ka Kin Cheung wrote:
> Sorry for that. I haven't told one thing here. In Linux, I cannot
> connect the phone to PC. But in Window, I can connect the phone to PC by
> sending files for it.
>
> */Ka Kin Cheung <[email protected]>/* wrote:
>
> Hi!
> The strange thing is here:
> For Linux, when my phone searched for my PC, the PC can be found
> and then added in the "My device" list, but when I looked at
> "Service list", none service can be found. Then I opened Windows XP
> and the bluetooth dongle driver was installed in my PC. Then I press
> "update" key to update services, and I found headset,
> synchronisation, object push and file transfer in the "Service list"
> for my Windows PC. So, how can I do for sdp in my Linux PC as my
> project is done on Linux? Thank you very much for your kindness.
> Michael
>
> */Marco Trudel <[email protected]>/* wrote:
>
> have you already found out how the phone will connect to the pc?
>
> regards
> Marco
>

> Ka Kin Cheung wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > Now I'm still thinking about how to implement sdp in my
> program so
> > that the PC can let the bluetooth mobile devices connect to
> PC and then
> > involve in the program. I searched about sdptool.c, but it
> doesn't help
> > so much because I find no part that can really implement in
> my program.
> > Then I borrowed books about Bluetooth sdp, but I can't find
> any method
> > to write sdp C API. So, I wish to know that is there any
> reference for
> > me to write sdp C API? Or instead of sdptool.c, is there any
> file that I
> > can refer for SDP? Thank you very much.
> > Michael

> Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u?? <http://hk.toolbar.yahoo.com/>?I

by Marco Trudel

Hello Michael

I think you've to do this:
Write a program that listens on a rfcomm channel (let's assume channel 6).
then you can do: sdptool add --channel=6 OPUSH
-> the service is now registered and should be found

man sdptool and vi sdptool.c might help...

I just tried something that might help you too:
I work with kde. It has by default a obex service running.
On an image in my mobile phone, i selected "send via bluetooth". The mobile
searched for devices in rainge, showed me the list, I selected my laptop,
the mobilephone connected to the obex service, on the laptop I was informed
of a connection attemp and aceppted. I got the image.

Do you have the possibility to try this with kde? If yes, you could try to
achive the same thing. This way you might find out what's the problem of
connecting from the mobile to the pc.

hope this helps a little

regards
Marco

Ka Kin Cheung wrote:
> Hi!
> The strange thing is here:
> For Linux, when my phone searched for my PC, the PC can be found and
> then added in the "My device" list, but when I looked at "Service list",
> none service can be found. Then I opened Windows XP and the bluetooth
> dongle driver was installed in my PC. Then I press "update" key to
> update services, and I found headset, synchronisation, object push and
> file transfer in the "Service list" for my Windows PC. So, how can I do
> for sdp in my Linux PC as my project is done on Linux? Thank you very
> much for your kindness.
> Michael
>
> */Marco Trudel <[email protected]>/* wrote:
>
> have you already found out how the phone will connect to the pc?
>
> regards
> Marco
>

> Ka Kin Cheung wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > Now I'm still thinking about how to implement sdp in my program so
> > that the PC can let the bluetooth mobile devices connect to PC
> and then
> > involve in the program. I searched about sdptool.c, but it
> doesn't help
> > so much because I find no part that can really implement in my
> program.
> > Then I borrowed books about Bluetooth sdp, but I can't find any
> method
> > to write sdp C API. So, I wish to know that is there any
> reference for
> > me to write sdp C API? Or instead of sdptool.c, is there any file
> that I
> > can refer for SDP? Thank you very much.
> > Michael

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: sdp problem

Hi,

Ka Kin Cheung wrote:
> Hi!
> The strange thing is here:
> For Linux, when my phone searched for my PC, the PC can be found and
> then added in the "My device" list, but when I looked at "Service list",
> none service can be found. Then I opened Windows XP and the bluetooth
> dongle driver was installed in my PC. Then I press "update" key to
> update services, and I found headset, synchronisation, object push and
> file transfer in the "Service list" for my Windows PC. So, how can I do
> for sdp in my Linux PC as my project is done on Linux? Thank you very
> much for your kindness.
> Michael

You can advertise standard services in Linux using 'sdptool add ...' but
advertising is not the same as offering... To offer a real service, an
application has to be implemented and listening for clients at the
appropiate network protocols and ports. Maybe what it is happening in
windows is that most basic profiles are already implemented and
correctly advertised. With BlueZ you can also advertise them in order
to be seen by a remote device, but they won't work until you don't
implement them. I hope this helps.

regards,
Luis

by Ka Kin Cheung

Sorry for that. I haven't told one thing here. In Linux, I cannot connect the phone to PC. But in Window, I can connect the phone to PC by sending files for it.

Ka Kin Cheung <[email protected]> wrote:Hi!
The strange thing is here:
For Linux, when my phone searched for my PC, the PC can be found and then added in the "My device" list, but when I looked at "Service list", none service can be found. Then I opened Windows XP and the bluetooth dongle driver was installed in my PC. Then I press "update" key to update services, and I found headset, synchronisation, object push and file transfer in the "Service list" for my Windows PC. So, how can I do for sdp in my Linux PC as my project is done on Linux? Thank you very much for your kindness.

Ka Kin Cheung wrote:
> Hi all!
> Now I'm still thinking about how to implement sdp in my program so
> that the PC can let the bluetooth mobile devices connect to PC and then
> involve in the program. I searched about sdptool.c, but it doesn't help
> so much because I find no part that can really implement in my program.
> Then I borrowed books about Bluetooth sdp, but I can't find any method
> to write sdp C API. So, I wish to know that is there any reference for
> me to write sdp C API? Or instead of sdptool.c, is there any file that I
> can refer for SDP? Thank you very much.
> Michael

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

2005-02-23 14:29:49

Ka Kin Cheung wrote:
> Hi all!
> Now I'm still thinking about how to implement sdp in my program so
> that the PC can let the bluetooth mobile devices connect to PC and then
> involve in the program. I searched about sdptool.c, but it doesn't help
> so much because I find no part that can really implement in my program.
> Then I borrowed books about Bluetooth sdp, but I can't find any method
> to write sdp C API. So, I wish to know that is there any reference for
> me to write sdp C API? Or instead of sdptool.c, is there any file that I
> can refer for SDP? Thank you very much.
> Michael

2005-02-23 13:46:22

by Marco Trudel