2005-02-27 08:28:59

by John H.

Subject: [Bluez-users] how to get bluetooth to emulate comport?

I have zonet usb dongle, pm-325 sprint phone.

hciconfig hci0 up

Can't open HCI socket.: Address family not
supported by protocol

I thought i installed the necessary modules?

Also, pin link is broken.

> > --- "D.W." <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Try this:
> > >
> > > hciconfig hci0 up
> > > rfcomm connect 0 <bt-address from your handy>
> > >
> > > Then you shoulfdhave a com port /dev/rfcomm0
> > > Daniel

by John H.

hciconfig hci0 up

works

rfcomm connect 0 08:00:37:0f:84:35
Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Connection refused

I told my lg pm-325 to be visible, and waiting for
pairing.
what's the deal?

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> > I have zonet usb dongle, pm-325 sprint phone.
> >
> > hciconfig hci0 up
> >
> > Can't open HCI socket.: Address family not
> > supported by protocol
> >
> > I thought i installed the necessary modules?
>
> check what "lsmod | grep bluetooth" says.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi John,

> I have zonet usb dongle, pm-325 sprint phone.
>
> hciconfig hci0 up
>
> Can't open HCI socket.: Address family not
> supported by protocol
>
> I thought i installed the necessary modules?

check what "lsmod | grep bluetooth" says.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi John,

> Not been prompted to enter pin, keep getting
>
> Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Connection refused
>
> despite scan finding the device.
>
> put those lm and lp entries in hcid.conf, and even
> tried(afterward)putting the following in rfcomm.conf
>
> rfcomm0 {
> bind no;
> device 08:00:37:12:C4:B1;
> channel 1;
> comment "PM325 by LG";
> }
>

> any ideas?

what about starting a new mailing list thread with a new posting to the
correct mailing list with your problem?

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi John,

> hciconfig hci0 up
>
> works
>

> rfcomm connect 0 08:00:37:0f:84:35
> Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Connection refused
>
> I told my lg pm-325 to be visible, and waiting for
> pairing.
> what's the deal?

run "hcidump -X -V" as root and I think you will see a PIN code request
that is never answered. Start hcid.

Regards

Marcel