2005-03-04 16:48:26

by Paolino paperino

Subject: [Bluez-users] Socket CF PCMCIA

Hi, i've a 2.6.10 kernel from fedora project
(FC2)..and a Zaurus SL6000..i've tried the CF on the
zaurus without succes..so i tried it on my laptop
(usually i use Bluez throught an USB dongle, adn wokrs
fine). I plug the CF, serial_cs is laoded, i try
hciattach but fails.
Somebody could explain to me how can i make working
the CF...step by step?!Because i don't know where
smashing my head..
Best regards
Andrea S.

by Mathias Adam

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Socket CF PCMCIA

On 04.03.05 20:42:41, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> there are problems with the 2.6 kernel, but nobody knows for sure what
> and where the problems are.

I asked here last week about the same problems with the socket bt card
and 2.6 and didn't succeed yet.
It seems that it's a problem within the 8250 serial driver (got that
from the linux-pcmcia mailing list). I'm still investigating a little
about that but don't think that I'll find a solution as I'm no linux
kernel expert...

Regards

Mathias

--=20
Zwei Dinge sind zu unserer Arbeit n=F6tig: Unerm=FCdliche Ausdauer und di=
Bereitschaft, etwas, in das man viel Zeit und Arbeit gesteckt hat,
wieder wegzuwerfen. - Albert Einstei=

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Andrea,

> Hi, i've a 2.6.10 kernel from fedora project
> (FC2)..and a Zaurus SL6000..i've tried the CF on the
> zaurus without succes..so i tried it on my laptop
> (usually i use Bluez throught an USB dongle, adn wokrs
> fine). I plug the CF, serial_cs is laoded, i try
> hciattach but fails.
> Somebody could explain to me how can i make working
> the CF...step by step?!Because i don't know where
> smashing my head..

there are problems with the 2.6 kernel, but nobody knows for sure what
and where the problems are.

Regards

Marcel