2005-03-08 12:35:26

by Ka Kin Cheung

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] adding a sdp service with a 128bit uuid

Hi Marco!
Can you send the program you wrote to me for reference? Or can you tell briefly the algorithm about the program you wrote about adding a service profile, especially for which functions in sdptool.c are nneded? Thank you very much.
Michael

Marco Trudel <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello everybody

by reading sdptool.c, I was able to write a little program that promotes my
service. Realising this, 3 questions arised:

1. general:
how to browse the local sdp services?
[sdptool browse dev] seems to be only for remote devices. I now always did
it from another device to see the local seervices. how to [sdptool browse
localhost]?

2. from add_sp(...) in sdptool.c, changing:
# sdp_uuid16_create(&sp_uuid, SERIAL_PORT_SVCLASS_ID);
into:
# sdp_uuid128_create(&sp_uuid, a128bitUUID);
gives me (if I do [sdptool browse from the other device]):
# Service Class ID List:
# "Error: This is uuid128" (0x0a333444-5556-6677-7888-9aa99000a1a1)
Actually it works well. But why is it saying "Error: ..."? I noticed that
using the avetana jsr82 implementation (that uses bluez), and creating a
sdp entry with a 128bit uuid, it shows the same error.

3. actually this is more a c then a bluez question, but i'd appreciate if
someone could tell it nevertheless:
# sdp_uuid32_create(uuid_t *uuid, uint32_t data);
# sdp_uuid128_create(uuid_t *uuid, const void *data);
the second function takes the uuid as "const void *data". What is the
appropriate way to give a uuid like 2c3ef0c843674369b1dfb7315e76332a to
that function?
I asked google and he (she?) told me this:
http://www.xgarreau.org/aide/devel/bluetooth/timeserver.c
but it seems a little big for me...

regards
Marco

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

2005-03-08 13:39:15

by Xavier Garreau

> 3. actually this is more a c then a bluez question, but i'd
> appreciate if
> someone could tell it nevertheless:
> # sdp_uuid32_create(uuid_t *uuid, uint32_t data);
> # sdp_uuid128_create(uuid_t *uuid, const void *data);
> the second function takes the uuid as "const void *data". What is the
> appropriate way to give a uuid like 2c3ef0c843674369b1dfb7315e76332a to
> that function?
> I asked google and he (she?) told me this:
> http://www.xgarreau.org/aide/devel/bluetooth/timeserver.c
> but it seems a little big for me...

Whaou, nice, i love google :)

Actually i wrote this sample for a presentation in a university. It's
not production quality code.

But to give data as void* you can do something like this:

unsigned char uuid_data[16] = {0x2c, 0x3e, 0xf0, 0xc8, 0x43, 0x67, 0x43,
0x69, 0xb1, 0xdf, 0xb7, 0x31, 0x5e, 0x76, 0x33, 0x2a};
sdp_uuid128_create (&uuid, (void*)uuid_data);

Actually, in the code you mentionned i used the create_base_uuid
function from a bluez source ... But i don't remember from what file it
was ...

Regards,
Xavier

by Marco Trudel

Hallo Michael

just read the sdptool.c... it's all there. basically you need
add_sp(sdp_session_t *session, svc_info_t *si)

respectively you told once something about headset, i think... there is a
method like add_headset()...

regards
Marco