2005-03-10 23:44:35

by Vesa Halttunen

Subject: [Bluez-users] HID report mode protocol support in 2.6.11-mh1 broken/missing?

Hi,

I upgraded my kernel from 2.6.10-mh2 to 2.6.11-mh1 and now my mouse and
keyboard operate in boot protocol mode again so the special keys don't
work. Does 2.6.11-mh1 lack full support for the report mode protocol, is
it broken or has something else changed I'd have to know about? I'm
using bluez-libs and -utils 2.15. The keyboard is a Logitech Elite
keyboard and the mouse is Logitech MX900.

Regards,

-Vesa
--=20
=B7 Vesa Halttunen - http://www.jormas.com/~vesuri/ =B7

by Vesa Halttunen

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 19:50 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> I just checked the source code again and actually I forgot to remove an
> #ifdef when I made the 2.6.11-mh1 patch. Got into hidp/core.c and remov=
> the "#ifdef 0" and its "#endif" in hidp_add_connection().

That fixed the problem. Thanks. (BTW it's #if 0 in case someone tries to
find it by searching for #ifdef)

Regards,

-Vesa
--=20
=B7 Vesa Halttunen - http://www.jormas.com/~vesuri/ =B7

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Florian,

> I have the same problem here. I'm owner of a Microsoft Wireless Desktop
> Elite for BT 2.0. The only kernel that offered me support for the
> mouse wheel was 2.6.10-mh2. It had some quirks (left mouse button does
> not work properly after reconnection, I've to press all mouse-buttons
> simultaneously with mouse cursor over background in KDE. Then it
> works again) but basically it is _far_ better than having no wheel
> support.
>
> -mh3 and -mh4 didn't work for me. They were not able to detect my bluetooth
> dongle. Vanilla 2.6.11 and 2.6.11-mh1 detect my MS-BT 2.0 dongle correctly,
> but keyboard and mouse are accessed in boot protocol mode. So I'm using
> 2.6.10-mh2 again...

I just checked the source code again and actually I forgot to remove an
#ifdef when I made the 2.6.11-mh1 patch. Got into hidp/core.c and remove
the "#ifdef 0" and its "#endif" in hidp_add_connection().

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Florian,

> > > -mh3 and -mh4 didn't work for me. They were not able to detect my
> > > bluetooth dongle. Vanilla 2.6.11 and 2.6.11-mh1 detect my MS-BT 2.0
> > > dongle correctly, but keyboard and mouse are accessed in boot protocol
> > > mode. So I'm using 2.6.10-mh2 again...
> >
> > send in the "hcidump -X -V" for the HID connection setup.
>
> Ok, I'll do later this evening when I'm back home.
> Do you need the output using kernel 2.6.10-mh2, 2.6.11-mh1 or both?

I think 2.6.11-mh1 is enough.

Regards

Marcel

by Florian Evers

Hi Marcel,

Am Montag, 14. M=E4rz 2005 13:55 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
> > -mh3 and -mh4 didn't work for me. They were not able to detect my
> > bluetooth dongle. Vanilla 2.6.11 and 2.6.11-mh1 detect my MS-BT 2.0
> > dongle correctly, but keyboard and mouse are accessed in boot protocol
> > mode. So I'm using 2.6.10-mh2 again...
>
> send in the "hcidump -X -V" for the HID connection setup.

Ok, I'll do later this evening when I'm back home.
Do you need the output using kernel 2.6.10-mh2, 2.6.11-mh1 or both?

Greetings, Florian

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Florian,

> I have the same problem here. I'm owner of a Microsoft Wireless Desktop
> Elite for BT 2.0. The only kernel that offered me support for the
> mouse wheel was 2.6.10-mh2. It had some quirks (left mouse button does
> not work properly after reconnection, I've to press all mouse-buttons
> simultaneously with mouse cursor over background in KDE. Then it
> works again) but basically it is _far_ better than having no wheel
> support.
>
> -mh3 and -mh4 didn't work for me. They were not able to detect my bluetooth
> dongle. Vanilla 2.6.11 and 2.6.11-mh1 detect my MS-BT 2.0 dongle correctly,
> but keyboard and mouse are accessed in boot protocol mode. So I'm using
> 2.6.10-mh2 again...

send in the "hcidump -X -V" for the HID connection setup.

Regards

Marcel

by Florian Evers

Hi List,

Am Montag, 14. M=E4rz 2005 11:28 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
> > I upgraded my kernel from 2.6.10-mh2 to 2.6.11-mh1 and now my mouse and
> > keyboard operate in boot protocol mode again so the special keys don't
> > work. Does 2.6.11-mh1 lack full support for the report mode protocol, is
> > it broken or has something else changed I'd have to know about? I'm
> > using bluez-libs and -utils 2.15. The keyboard is a Logitech Elite
> > keyboard and the mouse is Logitech MX900.
>
> maybe I made a mistake when porting the report mode to 2.6.11. Last time
> I checked it, it worked for me.

I have the same problem here. I'm owner of a Microsoft Wireless Desktop
Elite for BT 2.0. The only kernel that offered me support for the
mouse wheel was 2.6.10-mh2. It had some quirks (left mouse button does
not work properly after reconnection, I've to press all mouse-buttons
simultaneously with mouse cursor over background in KDE. Then it
works again) but basically it is _far_ better than having no wheel
support.

=2Dmh3 and -mh4 didn't work for me. They were not able to detect my bluetoo=
th
dongle. Vanilla 2.6.11 and 2.6.11-mh1 detect my MS-BT 2.0 dongle correctly,=
=20
but keyboard and mouse are accessed in boot protocol mode. So I'm using
2.6.10-mh2 again...

Perhaps this is the same problem like Vesa has... on different hardware.
I'm using Gentoo Linux and bluez-utils/-libs 2.15.

Regards,

=46lorian Evers

P.S. I had some troubles subscribing to this mailinglist. I tried several=20
times in the last weeks, but I never got a confirmation of subscription. Bu=
t=20
now it works :-)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Vesa,