2005-03-16 09:40:41

by BZ Benny

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Adresse resolution in BlueZ

But, How could bnep build its bnep frame. BNEP receive
frome TCP/IP the IP address of the peer device. And
she needs to convert this IP adresse into a MAC
address so it needs to ask for the MAC adresse in the
ARP tables in the IP layer.
isn't it?

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Benny,
>
> > I wasn't talking about DNS but ARP.
>
> it is the same. We are a virtual network card and so
> the ARP part is
> done by the TCP/IP stack.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.

D?couvrez nos promotions exclusives "destination de la Tunisie, du Maroc, des Bal?ares et la R?p. Dominicaine sur Yahoo! Voyages :
http://fr.travel.yahoo.com/promotions/mar14.html

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Benny,

> But, How could bnep build its bnep frame. BNEP receive
> frome TCP/IP the IP address of the peer device. And
> she needs to convert this IP adresse into a MAC
> address so it needs to ask for the MAC adresse in the
> ARP tables in the IP layer.
> isn't it?

the MAC address of the virtual network card is the BD_ADDR. Both are
part of the IEEE address range and they will never overlap.

Regards

Marcel