2005-03-16 13:57:54

by Ka Kin Cheung

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] adding sdp service record attributes

Hi Marcel!
Thanks for your reply. But I wish to know that from the result I've put in the last email, which belong to attrib_id and attrib_value respectively? I just want to know about this and then I'll put the correspnding values in my program to add it. You can find the result of "sdptool get --tree " from last email. Thank you very much.
Michael
Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

> Sorry for that. Maybe I rephrase the question like this.
> Now, I'm still struggling about how to add sdp service profiles in
> my Linux PC. And the most important thing is to let my computer to act
> as headset so that T610 can connect to it. I know that to add the
> service, using add_headset function is the way. But I find that only
> using this function is not enough, and I also find that there is a
> command called "setattr" that sets or adds the attributes to SDP
> record. Then I wish to know that if the setattr command, or set_attrib
> function in sdptool.c is necessary. If so, in the setattr command,
> there are two parameters that I've to enter, attrib_id and
> attrib_value. I wish to know what are the corresponding values of
> these two parameters from the following after I've typed "sdptool get
> --tree "?
> Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
> Integer : 0x10002
> Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
> Data Sequence
> UUID16 : 0x1108 - Headset
> UUID16 : 0x1203 - GenericAudio
> Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
> Data Sequence
> Data Sequence
> UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
> Data Sequence
> UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
> Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x5
> Attribute Identifier : 0x5 - BrowseGroupList
> Data Sequence
> UUID16 : 0x1002 - PublicBrowseGroup (SDP)
> Attribute Identifier : 0x9 - BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
> Data Sequence
> Data Sequence
> UUID16 : 0x1108 - Headset
> Version (Integer) : 0x100
> Attribute Identifier : 0x100
> Lastly, I wish to konw that if I can let my PC to act as headset
> for T610, after I've added the profile in it, is there any program
> needed to install in T610 so that it can connect to the PC?
> Hope that this can be clearer to you. Thank you very much.

now I get what you want. In general adding SDP records with sdptool is
only for testing purpose. You should include you own code for it, like
we do for pand or dund. However if you think that the add_headset() in
sdptool misses an attribute then fix this and send in a patch for it.

Regards

Marcel

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

2005-03-16 14:08:53

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Michael,

> Thanks for your reply. But I wish to know that from the result
> I've put in the last email, which belong to attrib_id and attrib_value
> respectively? I just want to know about this and then I'll put the
> correspnding values in my program to add it. You can find the result
> of "sdptool get --tree " from last email. Thank you very much.

I don't get it. The attribute id the UINT16 value with an optional
textual representation and the indent stuff under it are the attribute
values. You should read the SDP part of the specification.

Regards

Marcel