2005-03-17 16:14:31

by BZ Benny

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Adresse resolution in BlueZ

Hi all.

> Hi Benny,
>
> > > This BNEP virtual network card is as dumb as a
> > normal
> > > Ethernet network card. The networklayer knows
> our
> > MAC
> > > address (BD_ADDR) and
> >
> > Actually I'm talking about the peer MAC address.
>
> you know that even BNEP is point-to-point and so you
> know the MAC
> address of the peer, because it is the remote
> BD_ADDR of the underlaying
> ACL link.

Am I not undertandbale ?
Is there someone who can understand me?

I know that BNEP know the BD_ADDR of the peer device.
But BNEP need to make a coresspondance beteewn the
peer BD_ADDR address and the peer IP adress. This
corespondance is made by ARP? how did bnep ask it from
ARP.
If you read all my example in my last mail you will
understand my question.

regards,
imad.

D?couvrez nos promotions exclusives "destination de la Tunisie, du Maroc, des Bal?ares et la R?p. Dominicaine sur Yahoo! Voyages :
http://fr.travel.yahoo.com/promotions/mar14.html

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> Am I not undertandbale ?
> Is there someone who can understand me?
>
> I know that BNEP know the BD_ADDR of the peer device.
> But BNEP need to make a coresspondance beteewn the
> peer BD_ADDR address and the peer IP adress. This
> corespondance is made by ARP? how did bnep ask it from
> ARP.
> If you read all my example in my last mail you will
> understand my question.

you don't understand the working of ARP. Like IP and ICMP, the ARP
protocol is on the same layer and thus only a different transport
channel over BNEP is used. Inside the Linux kernel the network subsystem
has enough information to handle the complete ARP stuff after you
registered a new network device.

Regards

Marcel