2005-03-18 15:52:07

by Manuel Harnisch

Subject: [Bluez-users] Logitech diNovo boot-protocol issue

Hi,

this is my first time posting on this ML and I am not sure whether my probl=
em=20
isn=B4t more of a developer issue, if it is, please point it out and I will=
=20
post it on the other ML.

I recently got a Logitech diNovo and am running a Gentoo installation, kern=
el=20
2.6.11 with -mh patch. I=B4ve tried 2.6.10, bluez 2.10 and 2.15, all have t=
he=20
same issue.
The bluetooth transmitter (Logitech) is recognized and I can connect to=20
devices, including all of the diNovo parts (keyboard, media pad, mouse). Th=
e=20
problem is that neither of the devices seems to support their enhanced key=
=20
functions, they are all in boot-protocol mode, and I don=B4t know how to ge=
t=20
them to work with their full capacity.
Here is some system feedback:
# hidd
00:07:61:1E:04:CE HID Boot Device [046d:b3e1] connected [boot-protocol]
00:07:61:1D:3E:C3 HID Boot Device [046d:b001] connected [boot-protocol]
00:07:61:1C:EA:04 HID Boot Device [046d:b303] connected [boot-protocol]
=2D--
I can use all tree devices, but only in their basic configuration, non of t=
he=20
media keys are seen by xev.

Manuel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manuel,

> And that=B4s why I love linux, thank you so much, it worked.
>=20
> I=B4ll request to have this merged into the current gentoo-dev kernel.

the generic HID driver is still on my todo list. Some big changes in the
input subsystem kept me from finally doing the transition.

Regards

Marcel

by Manuel Harnisch

And that=B4s why I love linux, thank you so much, it worked.

I=B4ll request to have this merged into the current gentoo-dev kernel.

Thanks again,

Manuel

On Friday 18 March 2005 11:22 am, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> > this is my first time posting on this ML and I am not sure whether my
> > problem isn=B4t more of a developer issue, if it is, please point it out
> > and I will post it on the other ML.
> >
> > I recently got a Logitech diNovo and am running a Gentoo installation,
> > kernel 2.6.11 with -mh patch. I=B4ve tried 2.6.10, bluez 2.10 and 2.15,=
all
> > have the same issue.
> > The bluetooth transmitter (Logitech) is recognized and I can connect to
> > devices, including all of the diNovo parts (keyboard, media pad, mouse).
> > The problem is that neither of the devices seems to support their
> > enhanced key functions, they are all in boot-protocol mode, and I don=
=B4t
> > know how to get them to work with their full capacity.
> > Here is some system feedback:
> > # hidd
> > 00:07:61:1E:04:CE HID Boot Device [046d:b3e1] connected [boot-protocol]
> > 00:07:61:1D:3E:C3 HID Boot Device [046d:b001] connected [boot-protocol]
> > 00:07:61:1C:EA:04 HID Boot Device [046d:b303] connected [boot-protocol]
> > ---
> > I can use all tree devices, but only in their basic configuration, non =
of
> > the media keys are seen by xev.
>
> try patch-2.6.11-mh2 which I released some minutes ago.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

=2D-=20
Manuel Harnisch, IntellinetServices