2005-03-22 12:16:24

by andreas knuth

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: adding sdp service record attributes

Ka Kin Cheung <michaelhku2002 <at> yahoo.com.hk> writes:

> Hi Marcel!
> I've set the SDP service profile and the
> attributes for headset and set the class of my
> computer to headset. Then my T610 can search my Linux
> PC as headset. However, when I pressed "connect" item,
> the phone tried to connect to the PC, but then the
> phone showed "Bluetooth connection failed". Is there
> any thing that I need to set in my PC, or how to
> modify my sdp program so that the phone can connect to
> PC?
> My steps are as follows:
> 1.run my sdp program to add service and set the
> attributes.
> 2.change the class of my PC to be the one of headset.
> 3.let T610 to search my PC and then connect to PC.
> Is there anything wrong here?
> Thank you very much.
> Michael

Hi,
After initialising the rfcomm connection (phone to PC; phone gets the setup
data via sdp from pc) the phone tries to initialize the "HS/HF-connection" via
AT-commands - as I know.

You should have a look to the following pages regarding HF and HS
support over BT too:

http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/
http://www.crazygreek.co.uk/content/chan_bluetooth
http://www.soft.uni-linz.ac.at/_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=ProjectBluezHandsfree

Regards
Andreas

by Ka Kin Cheung

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> > > 1.Is there any extra thing I have to put so that
> the
> > > service record and attributes are set in my PC
> > > permanently and not being erased after reboot?
> >
> > Small shell script ?
>
> there is no shell script needed, because if you
> wanna run a server then
> you need to write a program (and start it) that
> fulfils this job. The
> same program can create the SDP record when it
> starts.
>
> > > 2.After I add the service record and attribute,
> I wish
> > > to let T610 to search my PC as headset. So, is
> there
> > > any extra thing that I have to put in my code?
> >
> > I guess you has to change your device class of
> your BT-device to phone. Please
> > have a look into the hcid config file.
>
> You must set yourself to the headset class of device
> (0x200404).
>
> > > 3.Is it possible that to browse the services in
> T610,
> > > and even other mobile devices, and then add the
> > > service records and attributes automatically?
> >
> > Where? In our own SDP database? What would you
> like to reach with those?
>
> No it is not possible and it also makes no sense at
> all.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Andreas,

> > 1.Is there any extra thing I have to put so that the
> > service record and attributes are set in my PC
> > permanently and not being erased after reboot?
>
> Small shell script ?

there is no shell script needed, because if you wanna run a server then
you need to write a program (and start it) that fulfils this job. The
same program can create the SDP record when it starts.

> > 2.After I add the service record and attribute, I wish
> > to let T610 to search my PC as headset. So, is there
> > any extra thing that I have to put in my code?
>
> I guess you has to change your device class of your BT-device to phone. Please
> have a look into the hcid config file.

You must set yourself to the headset class of device (0x200404).

> > 3.Is it possible that to browse the services in T610,
> > and even other mobile devices, and then add the
> > service records and attributes automatically?
>
> Where? In our own SDP database? What would you like to reach with those?

No it is not possible and it also makes no sense at all.

Regards

Marcel

by Ka Kin Cheung

Hi Andreas!

>> 1.Is there any extra thing I have to put so that the
>> service record and attributes are set in my PC
> >permanently and not being erased after reboot?

>Small shell script ?

But as this will be put in my project's main program, is there any possible method instead of using shell script?

>> 2.After I add the service record and attribute, I wish
>> to let T610 to search my PC as headset. So, is there
>> any extra thing that I have to put in my code?

>I guess you has to change your device class of your BT-device to phone. >Please have a look into the hcid config file.

Do you mean is to change the class of my bluetooth dongle to that of my T610? What I want is to let my phone to search my PC as headset, and can show the headset icon near the name of my PC. But is it possible?

>> 3.Is it possible that to browse the services in T610,
>> and even other mobile devices, and then add the
>> service records and attributes automatically?

>Where? In our own SDP database? What would you like to reach with >those?
Yes, of course in SDP database
Thank you very much.
Michael