2005-03-23 13:42:26

by Ka Kin Cheung

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: adding sdp service record attributes

Hi Andreas!
Thank you very much for your email. Actually, I can connect the phone to PC now. But the new problem arises. Last time I did the things i.e. adding sdp headset profile, setting the class of my PC to be headset and then setting the channel in SDP and hciconfig, separately. Now, I wish to integrate these three separate jobs into my project's main program. The procedure is as that stated above. Then I put the part of socket programming in my main program, and this part can be said to come from rfcomm/main.c's cmd_listen function. But when my phone can connect to PC, the terminal shows "dev/rfcomm0: no such device". Then, I don't preset the address of my phone, but then when the phone can connect to PC, the following ios shown: "Can't create rfcomm TTY socket: too many open files in the system" or "dev/rfcomm0: connection refused". There is a note that in order to continue my program, the modem should be opened successfully, and the menu should be sent to my phine successfull
y. So, I
wish to know what's wrong about my program, and how I can fix it. I attach the programs here for you, and hope that other users, can find it out. Thank you very much for your kindness.
P.S. bic_michael.c and bic_rfcomm.c are main programs without and with the part from rfcomm/main.c respectively, and bic_sdp.c and bic_sdp.h are files to be included in /usr/include
Michael

Andreas <[email protected]> wrote:
Ka Kin Cheung yahoo.com.hk> writes:

> Hi Marcel!
> I've set the SDP service profile and the
> attributes for headset and set the class of my
> computer to headset. Then my T610 can search my Linux
> PC as headset. However, when I pressed "connect" item,
> the phone tried to connect to the PC, but then the
> phone showed "Bluetooth connection failed". Is there
> any thing that I need to set in my PC, or how to
> modify my sdp program so that the phone can connect to
> PC?
> My steps are as follows:
> 1.run my sdp program to add service and set the
> attributes.
> 2.change the class of my PC to be the one of headset.
> 3.let T610 to search my PC and then connect to PC.
> Is there anything wrong here?
> Thank you very much.
> Michael

Hi,
After initialising the rfcomm connection (phone to PC; phone gets the setup
data via sdp from pc) the phone tries to initialize the "HS/HF-connection" via
AT-commands - as I know.

You should have a look to the following pages regarding HF and HS
support over BT too:

http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/
http://www.crazygreek.co.uk/content/chan_bluetooth
http://www.soft.uni-linz.ac.at/_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=ProjectBluezHandsfree

Regards
Andreas

---------------------------------
Yahoo! ?u???C - ???m?????u?X?????u???I

Attachments:
bic_michael.c (112.72 kB)
bic_michael.c
bic_rfcomm.c (113.91 kB)
bic_rfcomm.c
bic_sdp.c (25.45 kB)
bic_sdp.c
bic_sdp.h (8.82 kB)
bic_sdp.h

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Michael,

> P.S. bic_michael.c and bic_rfcomm.c are main programs without and with
> the part from rfcomm/main.c respectively, and bic_sdp.c and bic_sdp.h
> are files to be included in /usr/include

actually I miss the GPL statement and a comment about the origin for
parts of your code at the top of these files.

Regards

Marcel