2005-03-24 05:12:23

by mahabaleshwara k

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Re:cross compilation of BlueZ for MIPS

Hi Marcel,
>this actually means that your kernel contains another
>backport that is not mainline. The -mh patches are
only >tested with mainline. In your case replacing
that line >with "set_user_nice(current, -15);" may
helps.
It worked. Now i have both BNEP and HIDP support
embedded into kernel. To test it, as i mentioned i am
struggling in cross compiling bluez-utilis. I have
seen postings in bluez-devel archives. But there is no
solution mentioned about successful bluz-utilis cross
compilation. I haven't created any other config or
makefile. I am using same configure file which is
their in the bluez-utils.
If Stephen has got solution can you share with me?
Regards,
Maha.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> >when i compile i get error like non structure ember
> >"nice" in core.c file.
>
> >the Bluetooth kernel source code uses more than one
> >core.c and I only that it must be the kernel source,
> >because a nice member doesn"t exists inside the
> >userspace code. Provide a the full error message and
> >explain what you are doing, because otherwise such
> >posts are useless.
>
> After patching(patch2.4.20-mh18),enabling BNEP and
> HIDP support in menuconfig, when i compile using cross
> toolchain i get error message as given below.If i
> doesnot include BNEP and HIDP it successfully compiles
> with rfcomm support.
>
> ..compiling stuff.......
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/home/08_03_05_project/kernels/linux-2.4.20/net/bluetooth/bnep'
> mips_fp_le-gcc -D__KERNEL__
> -I/home/08_03_05_project/kernels/linux-2.4.20/include
> -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2
> -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -g -ggdb
> -fno-omit-frame-pointer
> -I
> /home/08_03_05_project/kernels/linux-2.4.20/include/asm/gcc
> -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -pipe -mtune=r4600
> -mips32 -Wa,--trap -nostdinc -iwithprefix include
> -DKBUILD_BASENAME=core -c -o core.o core.c
> core.c: In function `bnep_session':
> core.c:482: error: structure has no member named
> `nice'
> make[4]: *** [core.o] Error 1
> make: *** [_dir_net] Error 2

this actually means that your kernel contains another backport that is
not mainline. The -mh patches are only tested with mainline. In your
case replacing that line with "set_user_nice(current, -15);" may helps.

Regards

Marcel