2005-03-31 14:33:23

by Hans Juergen Gamauf

Subject: [Bluez-users] Configuring HCId for logging everything

Hello!

How can I configuring hcid, so that it would log everything (i.e.
logging every attempt of another bluetooth-device establishing a
connection)?

I've changed my Bluetooth-Class to class 0x200404; so that my Nokia
6230 would try to connect to the PC (Fedora Core 3), because it only
can connect to a headset.

This connection cannot - of course - be established because there is no
service behind, I just want to see that there is an attempt, but
nothing is written into /var/log/messages (only things like HCI dev 0
or shutting down), or is there another log file? (neither dmesg is
printing something useful)

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely
Hans Juergen Gamauf

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Hans Juergen,

> How can I configuring hcid, so that it would log everything (i.e.
> logging every attempt of another bluetooth-device establishing a
> connection)?
>
> I've changed my Bluetooth-Class to class 0x200404; so that my Nokia
> 6230 would try to connect to the PC (Fedora Core 3), because it only
> can connect to a headset.
>
> This connection cannot - of course - be established because there is no
> service behind, I just want to see that there is an attempt, but
> nothing is written into /var/log/messages (only things like HCI dev 0
> or shutting down), or is there another log file? (neither dmesg is
> printing something useful)

use hcidump for these kind of things.

Regards

Marcel