2005-03-25 22:27:27

by WEI LI

Subject: [Bluez-users] How to set up a PAN using my laptop and cellphone

I have a laptop : linux 2.4.10, with bluez-libs, bluez-utils
installed, and internet access.
and a cell phone: Nokia 6620.
Can I set up a PAN between this two devices and enable the cellphone
to browser webs sharing internet access with the laptop? How to do?

Thank u very much!

WEI

by CIJOML

Worse problem probably is, that there is not any cell phone with PAN suppor=
t=20
on market ;-D

Michal

Dne p=E1 25. b=F8ezna 2005 23:36 Brad Midgley napsal(a):
> It sounds like a very twisted idea but there's a flaw: most/all
> cellphones have a bluetooth radio that can only deal with one connection
> at a time. So your laptop can't be NATting the connection and the
> cellphone certainly won't.
>
> WEI LI wrote:
> > I have a laptop : linux 2.4.10, with bluez-libs, bluez-utils
> > installed, and internet access.
> > and a cell phone: Nokia 6620.
> > Can I set up a PAN between this two devices and enable the cellphone
> > to browser webs sharing internet access with the laptop? How to do?
> >
> > Thank u very much!
> >
> > WEI

=2D-=20
S pozdravem

Michal Semler

by Brad Midgley

WEI LI wrote:
> I have a laptop : linux 2.4.10, with bluez-libs, bluez-utils
> installed, and internet access.
> and a cell phone: Nokia 6620.
> Can I set up a PAN between this two devices and enable the cellphone
> to browser webs sharing internet access with the laptop? How to do?
>
> Thank u very much!
>
> WEI

by Michael Mauch

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: How to set up a PAN using my laptop and cellphone

Michal Semler wrote:

> Worse problem probably is, that there is not any cell phone with PAN support
> on market ;-D

Yes, but some can use dund.

> Dne p? 25. b?ezna 2005 23:36 Brad Midgley napsal(a):
> > It sounds like a very twisted idea but there's a flaw: most/all
> > cellphones have a bluetooth radio that can only deal with one connection
> > at a time. So your laptop can't be NATting the connection and the
> > cellphone certainly won't.

I can't see why there should be two Bluetooth connections involved.

> > WEI LI wrote:
> > > I have a laptop : linux 2.4.10, with bluez-libs, bluez-utils
> > > installed, and internet access.

So the laptop has internet access on its own (through WLAN, LAN or a
modem)?

As Brad pointed out, you cannot connect the laptop via Bluetooth to the
phone and then surf the web with the phone and the laptop.

> > > and a cell phone: Nokia 6620.
> > > Can I set up a PAN between this two devices and enable the cellphone
> > > to browser webs sharing internet access with the laptop? How to do?

See
<http://xoomer.virgilio.it/eim/stuff/text/notes/devices/nokia_6600.txt>
and google for "Nokia 6620 Linux dund" or something like that.

Regards...
Michael