2005-04-04 19:45:42

by Lars Steinke

Subject: [Bluez-users] btsco - headset profile activated but no sco packets transmitted ???

Hi there,

while running btsco I can successfully change my mixersettings via
the headset, so I assume the connection has been established just fine:

root@sigma:~/src/btsco# ./btsco -v 00:07:A4:95:41:76 2
btsco v0.4
Device is 1:0
Voice setting: 0x0060
RFCOMM channel 2 connected
recieved AT+BRSF=24
recieved AT+VGS=03
Sending up speaker change 3
recieved AT+VGS=07
Sending up speaker change 7
recieved AT+VGS=11
Sending up speaker change 11
recieved AT+VGS=15
Sending up speaker change 15
speaker volume: 15 mic volume: 1
driver is in use
connected SCO channel
Done setting sco fd

But I can neither hear sound nor record anything via the Jabra BT110
headset using BlueZ 20050328 with kernel 2.6.11:

aplay -D plughw:Headset test.wav
Playing Sparc Audio 'test.wav' : Mu-Law, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono

I just hear a raise in static when playback commences (even though mixer
levels are maxed in alsamixer!)...

snd-bt-sco revision 1.6 $
snd-bt-sco: snd-bt-scod thread starting
snd-bt-sco: playback_open
snd-bt-sco: prepare ok bps: 16000 size: 8000 count: 2000
snd-bt-sco: playback_trigger 1
snd-bt-sco: setting playback to bspcm

root@sigma:~# hcitool con
Connections:
< SCO 00:07:A4:95:41:76 handle 44 state 1 lm SLAVE
< ACL 00:07:A4:95:41:76 handle 41 state 1 lm MASTER
root@sigma:~# hciconfig hci0
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:02:72:80:A5:D3 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:9966 acl:207 sco:0 events:535 errors:0
TX bytes:6279 acl:191 sco:0 commands:195 errors:0

root@sigma:~# hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:02:72:80:A5:D3 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
HCI 16.14
Chip version: BlueCore02-External
Max key size: 56 bit
SCO mapping: HCI

Audio works fine with that headset and dongle using the Widcomm stack
1.4 under Windoze ;(...

Regards,
Lars

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hello,

> I have taken the latest CVS "btsco" files and compiled. Fedora 3(linux
> kernel 2.6.9-1.667) runs on my host PC. I have taken the latest Bluez
> libraries and utilities from the bluez site.

you can try latest kernel 2.6.11.x
This works for me.

> The SCO connection is opened
> only when I press "play" for the xmms and it closes when I stop the
> song. Whether I can test the mic functionality separately.

For me is SCO connection opened from xmms or from mic
"cat </dev/dsp1 >/dev/dsp0".
Both works simultaneously.

> But my target application is a chat application with the usage of
> Speaker and mic working simultaneosly.
>
> Please advice of the setting I need to make.

I don't know what other I can tell you. For me it's working.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka

by Benny

Dear Pavel Ruzicka,

I am also involved in testing the BT Headset functionality with the
PC. I am using a CSR based USB BT Dongle on the PC and the BT Mono
Headset is the RFMD Headset kit.

I have taken the latest CVS "btsco" files and compiled. Fedora 3(linux
kernel 2.6.9-1.667) runs on my host PC. I have taken the latest Bluez
libraries and utilities from the bluez site.

After running the "btsco" I am able to run the xmms and play songs and
test for the speaker functionality separately. But I am not able to
test the Sound recorder functionality. The SCO connection is opened
only when I press "play" for the xmms and it closes when I stop the
song. Whether I can test the mic functionality separately.

But my target application is a chat application with the usage of
Speaker and mic working simultaneosly.

Please advice of the setting I need to make.

Thanks & Regards,
Benny

On 4/5/05, Pavel Ruzicka <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I haven't heard success stories for using the bt110 but I can't remembe=
> > if we've had trouble reports on this one or not.
> >
> > > root@sigma:~/src/btsco# ./btsco -v 00:07:A4:95:41:76 2
> >
> > The only thing I would suggest is that you don't specify the channel
> > here, but I suspect btsco will autodetect channel 2 anyway.
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> I now tried compiling snd_bt_sco for 2.6.11.6 and everything works great.
>=20
> I am using btsco 00:07:A4:0A:3F:XX or btsco 00:07:A4:0A:3F:XX 2 and both
> works.
>=20
> I have headset Jabra BT250.
> Dongle is d-link DBT-120 with 1.2 firmware.
>=20
> This sents sound from headset mic to soundcard:
> "cat </dev/dsp1 >/dev/dsp0".
> Simultaneously I start xmms, setup out to BT headset alsa device, and
> mp3 plays in my headset. Sound from headset microphone goes to my normal =
audio
> set.
>=20
> I have few questions:
>=20
> Audio is heavily delayed (about 300-400ms)
> What is the reason for this delay?
>=20
> Sound from microphone is noised. For speaking is enough, but quality is n=
ot
> much good. Is it normal?
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20
> Pavel Ruzicka

by Pavel Ruzicka

> I haven't heard success stories for using the bt110 but I can't remember
> if we've had trouble reports on this one or not.
>
> > root@sigma:~/src/btsco# ./btsco -v 00:07:A4:95:41:76 2
>
> The only thing I would suggest is that you don't specify the channel
> here, but I suspect btsco will autodetect channel 2 anyway.

Hello,

I now tried compiling snd_bt_sco for 2.6.11.6 and everything works great.

I am using btsco 00:07:A4:0A:3F:XX or btsco 00:07:A4:0A:3F:XX 2 and both
works.

I have headset Jabra BT250.
Dongle is d-link DBT-120 with 1.2 firmware.

This sents sound from headset mic to soundcard:
"cat </dev/dsp1 >/dev/dsp0".
Simultaneously I start xmms, setup out to BT headset alsa device, and
mp3 plays in my headset. Sound from headset microphone goes to my normal audio
set.

I have few questions:

Audio is heavily delayed (about 300-400ms)
What is the reason for this delay?

Sound from microphone is noised. For speaking is enough, but quality is not
much good. Is it normal?

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka

by Brad Midgley

Lars

I hate to say it but it looks like you're doing everything right, the
adapter seems to be good, etc.

I haven't heard success stories for using the bt110 but I can't remember
if we've had trouble reports on this one or not.

> root@sigma:~/src/btsco# ./btsco -v 00:07:A4:95:41:76 2

The only thing I would suggest is that you don't specify the channel
here, but I suspect btsco will autodetect channel 2 anyway.

Brad

by Lars Steinke

Oops, forgot that info here:

root@sigma:~# hcitool info 00:07:A4:95:41:76
Requesting information ...
BD Address: 00:07:A4:95:41:76
Device Name: Jabra BT110
LMP Version: 1.2 (0x2) LMP Subversion: 0x613
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
Features: 0xfc 0xff 0x0b 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
switch>
quality>
<SCO link> <HV2 packets> <HV3 packets> <u-law log>
<A-law log>
<CVSD> <paging scheme> <transparent SCO>

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:45:42PM +0200, Lars Steinke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> while running btsco I can successfully change my mixersettings via
> the headset, so I assume the connection has been established just fine:
>
> root@sigma:~/src/btsco# ./btsco -v 00:07:A4:95:41:76 2
> btsco v0.4
> Device is 1:0
> Voice setting: 0x0060
> RFCOMM channel 2 connected
> recieved AT+BRSF=24
> recieved AT+VGS=03
> Sending up speaker change 3
> recieved AT+VGS=07
> Sending up speaker change 7
> recieved AT+VGS=11
> Sending up speaker change 11
> recieved AT+VGS=15
> Sending up speaker change 15
> speaker volume: 15 mic volume: 1
> driver is in use
> connected SCO channel
> Done setting sco fd
>
> But I can neither hear sound nor record anything via the Jabra BT110
> headset using BlueZ 20050328 with kernel 2.6.11:
>
> aplay -D plughw:Headset test.wav
> Playing Sparc Audio 'test.wav' : Mu-Law, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
>
> I just hear a raise in static when playback commences (even though mixer
> levels are maxed in alsamixer!)...
>
> snd-bt-sco revision 1.6 $
> snd-bt-sco: snd-bt-scod thread starting
> snd-bt-sco: playback_open
> snd-bt-sco: prepare ok bps: 16000 size: 8000 count: 2000
> snd-bt-sco: playback_trigger 1
> snd-bt-sco: setting playback to bspcm
>
> root@sigma:~# hcitool con
> Connections:
> < SCO 00:07:A4:95:41:76 handle 44 state 1 lm SLAVE
> < ACL 00:07:A4:95:41:76 handle 41 state 1 lm MASTER
> root@sigma:~# hciconfig hci0
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:02:72:80:A5:D3 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:9966 acl:207 sco:0 events:535 errors:0
> TX bytes:6279 acl:191 sco:0 commands:195 errors:0
>
> root@sigma:~# hciconfig hci0 revision
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:02:72:80:A5:D3 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> HCI 16.14
> Chip version: BlueCore02-External
> Max key size: 56 bit
> SCO mapping: HCI
>
> Audio works fine with that headset and dongle using the Widcomm stack
> 1.4 under Windoze ;(...
>
> Regards,
> Lars

by Jan H

Brad Midgley schrieb:

> Jan
>
>> My question is who did you find out ehci_hcd driver is used?
>

> look at the window you get when running "usbview" or try to read
> /proc/bus/usb/devices and you can see how things connect.

Ok, useful program. Now i know its not connected to ehci controller.
My Bluetooth Dongle is not fully supported hciconfig dumps
name:/home/jan# hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:04:0E:88:CA:25 ACL MTU: 120:20 SCO MTU: 64:0
Unknown type

Thanks anyway and sorry for referencing to Jes?s Cano Navarro
Jan

by Brad Midgley

Jan

> My question is who did you find out ehci_hcd driver is used?

look at the window you get when running "usbview" or try to read
/proc/bus/usb/devices and you can see how things connect.

if your usb/bluetooth adapter is plugged directly into the computer, you
should get the ohci chip. at least that's how it is on my toshiba m200.

brad