2005-04-07 16:09:39

by John H.

Subject: [Bluez-users] pm-325 help, anyone aside from marcel?

Hi, I was wondering if anyon else could help me with
getting the bluetooth for DUN/com port emulation
working in linux, as I have it in XP, with LG PM-325
phone? An rfcomm device cannot be created with it,
saying connection refused(presumably due to wrong
channel?). I have repeatedly responded to marcel's
questioning on the issue, but he seems to have decided
to start ignoring me all of the sudden, after asking
me several questions about my issue. I have emailed
him personally and asked if there's any other
information I could provide him that would help
resolve my issue, but all in vain.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi John,

> I was wondering if anyon else could help me with
> getting the bluetooth for DUN/com port emulation
> working in linux, as I have it in XP, with LG PM-325
> phone? An rfcomm device cannot be created with it,
> saying connection refused(presumably due to wrong
> channel?). I have repeatedly responded to marcel's
> questioning on the issue, but he seems to have decided
> to start ignoring me all of the sudden, after asking
> me several questions about my issue. I have emailed
> him personally and asked if there's any other
> information I could provide him that would help
> resolve my issue, but all in vain.

as I already told you, you need to choose the right RFCOMM channel for
the dialup networking or serial port profile. After that call

rfcomm bind 0 <bdaddr> <channel>

and /dev/rfcomm0 is working like any other serial port. The hcidump
always showed that you used the wrong channel number.

Regards

Marcel