2005-04-07 16:56:47

by John H.

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] pm-325 help, anyone aside from marcel?

As I replied, though, I tried other channels to no
avail, and I followed your exact instructions to try
to find the correct channel, and pasted you the
results of that, but never got a response.

thanks

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> > I was wondering if anyon else could help me with
> > getting the bluetooth for DUN/com port emulation
> > working in linux, as I have it in XP, with LG
> PM-325
> > phone? An rfcomm device cannot be created with
> it,
> > saying connection refused(presumably due to wrong
> > channel?). I have repeatedly responded to
> marcel's
> > questioning on the issue, but he seems to have
> decided
> > to start ignoring me all of the sudden, after
> asking
> > me several questions about my issue. I have
> emailed
> > him personally and asked if there's any other
> > information I could provide him that would help
> > resolve my issue, but all in vain.
>
> as I already told you, you need to choose the right
> RFCOMM channel for
> the dialup networking or serial port profile. After
> that call
>
> rfcomm bind 0 <bdaddr> <channel>
>
> and /dev/rfcomm0 is working like any other serial
> port. The hcidump
> always showed that you used the wrong channel
> number.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi John,

> As I replied, though, I tried other channels to no
> avail, and I followed your exact instructions to try
> to find the correct channel, and pasted you the
> results of that, but never got a response.

when you reply you always break the thread and this is not useful. Fix
your mail client.

And if all 30 RFCOMM channel behave the same then your phone has some
weird setting. If the PN command is not answered with a response then
there is no channel, so try the next one.

Regards

Marcel