2005-04-15 13:26:03

by Jesse Guardiani

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: DBT 120 dongle defaulting to HID mode

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:31:41 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Jesse,
>
>> Ever since the firmware upgrade to BT 1.2, my DBT 120
>> has been defaulting to HID mode. I only use HCI mode
>> currently, so it freaked me out the first time this
>> happened! I thought my dongle was dead! But then I
>> remembered hid2hci.
>>
>> Is there a way to change the default mode of this dongle
>> back to HCI without downgrading the firmware?
>
> yes, it is. You have to change the PS key for the boot mode.

OK. Has anyone written a program capable of changing arbitrary
PS key settings yet? Or do I have to write my own?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

by Marco Trudel

Marcel wrote the pskey tool. With that you can set the boot mode of a csr
dongle. It's currently only in the cvs.

regards
Marco

Ronny L Nilsson wrote:
>>>OK. Has anyone written a program capable of changing arbitrary
>>>PS key settings yet? Or do I have to write my own?
>>
>>there is the pskey program, but this will only work over UART with
>>H:4 or BCSP transports. The BlueZ hciconfig code contains code to
>>read PS key values, but it can't store them. However I really think
>>that we need a graphical pstool for Linux like the CSR one for
>>Windows.
>

> Hi
> I've been looking for this pskey program, but have yet only found it in
> "iPaq" package format. Anyone with a link to the sources? And has
> anyone used it with other arches than iPaq? If not, does anyone have an
> idea of how much work needs to be done to get it up and running?
>
> Regards
> /Ronny Nilsson

by Ronny L Nilsson

> > OK. Has anyone written a program capable of changing arbitrary
> > PS key settings yet? Or do I have to write my own?
>
> there is the pskey program, but this will only work over UART with
> H:4 or BCSP transports. The BlueZ hciconfig code contains code to
> read PS key values, but it can't store them. However I really think
> that we need a graphical pstool for Linux like the CSR one for
> Windows.

Hi
I've been looking for this pskey program, but have yet only found it in
"iPaq" package format. Anyone with a link to the sources? And has
anyone used it with other arches than iPaq? If not, does anyone have an
idea of how much work needs to be done to get it up and running?

Regards
/Ronny Nilsson

2005-04-15 16:08:28

by CIJOML

Search Casira on peer-to-peer network :)

Michal

Dne p=E1 15. dubna 2005 18:00 Pavel Ruzicka napsal(a):
> pstool csr

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hello,

> > what's the name of the windows one?
> > I'm unable to find anything on google...

Try to find it with Google "pstool csr".

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Marco,

> what's the name of the windows one?
> I'm unable to find anything on google...

it is called pstool (or PS Tool), but it is CSR specific and you won't
find it on the Internet.

Regards

Marcel

by Marco Trudel

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Jesse,

>>>yes, it is. You have to change the PS key for the boot mode.
>>
>>OK. Has anyone written a program capable of changing arbitrary
>>PS key settings yet? Or do I have to write my own?
>

> there is the pskey program, but this will only work over UART with H:4
> or BCSP transports. The BlueZ hciconfig code contains code to read PS
> key values, but it can't store them. However I really think that we need
> a graphical pstool for Linux like the CSR one for Windows.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann