2005-04-25 01:42:45

by Arch Sayo

Subject: [Bluez-users] How to NOT initialize newly attached Bluetooth dongles

Hi,

I have been using hcid in handling initialization of my Bluetooth dongle.

I have this issue with regards to me not wanting to initialize newly attached Bluetooth dongles.
Here is the scenario:
1. I let hcid initialize my attached Bluetooth dongle.
2. Then I configure the dongle to be in the OFF state/mode (hciconfig hci0 down).
3. When I detach the dongle and re-attach it, it comes back to UP and Running mode.

Since I put the dongle in OFF mode, I would like to keep this mode when I detach and re-attach the dongle.

My question then is how will I make it not being automatically initialized by hcid.
I have been trying to play with the hcid configuration file but to no avail.

Thanks,
Arch

http://mail.yahoo.com

2005-04-26 11:37:41

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Arch,

> I have been using hcid in handling initialization of my Bluetooth
> dongle.
>
> I have this issue with regards to me not wanting to initialize newly
> attached Bluetooth dongles.
> Here is the scenario:
> 1. I let hcid initialize my attached Bluetooth dongle.
> 2. Then I configure the dongle to be in the OFF state/mode (hciconfig
> hci0 down).
> 3. When I detach the dongle and re-attach it, it comes back to UP and
> Running mode.
>
> Since I put the dongle in OFF mode, I would like to keep this mode
> when I detach and re-attach the dongle.
>
> My question then is how will I make it not being automatically
> initialized by hcid.
> I have been trying to play with the hcid configuration file but to no
> avail.

the hcid is not storing the current mode of a device. The only thing you
can do right now is to disable the autoinit feature completely and do
everything by yourself.

Regards

Marcel