2005-04-28 04:20:21

by mahabaleshwara k

Subject: [Bluez-users] Can linux-2.4.20 have bluetooth audio support?

Hi all,
I have linux-2.4.20 kernel with applied
patch2.4.20-mh8. I have blueZ libs,utilis,openobex
libs and apps up and running on this kernel. I am
using D-Link DBT-120 usb dongle with 16.4 firmware.
Can I have bluetooth audio support over this setup? or
what minimum version of kernel required for audio
support? If possible how i can setup communication
between bluetooth headset and PC? In the kernel
configuration there is option of SCO(voice)support.
Only that much enough or any sound drivers are
required?
Please clarify my doubts and guide me.
Thanking you all in advance.
Regards,
Maha.

by Brad Midgley

Maha

You'll need a very recent kernel like 2.6.11.7. see bluetooth-alsa.sf.net

Brad