2005-04-23 16:59:00

by [email protected]

Subject: [Bluez-users] Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Ok,
So I've just rather stupidly gone out and bought one of these for my
laptop. Does anyone have any experience in configuring these to use
Bluez on FC3 as I don't have the foggiest where to start.

Thanks in advance

Richard

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Hi,

> # Authentication and Encryption
> #auth enable;
> #encrypt enable;

and these are off by default. So you already changed it.

Regards

Marcel

by CIJOML

Hi,

simply

Dne p=E1 29. dubna 2005 18:48 [email protected] napsal(a):
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 # Authentication and Encryption
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 auth enable;
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 encrypt enable;

=2D-=20
S pozdravem

Michal Semler

by [email protected]

Marcel,
Forgive my ignorance by what is security mode 3, and how do I change
this if required?

I've pasted in my hcid.conf file below in the hope that you can help me
get this working as the only config I've done using bluetooth is through
the rfcomm.conf to setup dial up networking.

Thanks in advance

Richard

options {
# Automatically initialize new devices
autoinit yes;

# Security Manager mode
# none - Security manager disabled
# auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
# user - Always ask user for a PIN
security user;

# Pairing mode
# none - Pairing disabled
# multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
# once - Pair once and deny successive attempts
pairing multi;

# PIN helper
pin_helper /usr/bin/bluepin
# pin_helper /etc/bluetooth/bluepin;
}

# Default settings for HCI devices
device {
# Local device name
# %d - device id
# %h - host name
name "%h-%d";

# Local device class
class 0x120104;

# Default packet type
#pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;

# Inquiry and Page scan
iscan enable; pscan enable;

# Default link mode
# none - no specific policy
# accept - always accept incoming connections
# master - become master on incoming connections,
# deny role switch on outgoing connections
#
lm accept,master;

# Default link policy
# none - no specific policy
# rswitch - allow role switch
# hold - allow hold mode
# sniff - allow sniff mode
# park - allow park mode
#
#lp hold,sniff;
#
lp hold,sniff,park;

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 18:40 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> > Right, I've been doing some more digging and it looks like the issue is
> > because the mouse doesn't want to have a pin but I also need to use
> > bluetooth for dial up networking to my phone which does need one.
> >
> > Is there any way in the hcid.conf to setup another profile so I can set
> > specific settings for this device?
>
> if you set yourself to security mode 3 then you have to deal with it. It
> is not recommended by me and it is also not the default setting.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 19:21 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> > So I've just rather stupidly gone out and bought one of these for my
> > laptop. Does anyone have any experience in configuring these to use
> > Bluez on FC3 as I don't have the foggiest where to start.
>
> with Debian Sid, SuSE 9.2/9.3 and Fedora Core 4 it should work out of
> the box. For Fedora Core 3 it depends on your bluez-utils version and
> your running kernel.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann