2005-05-03 00:22:58

by Fintan McEvoy

Subject: [Bluez-users] Compatability

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if Socket CF Bluetooth with PCMCIA Adaptor, sold
for example at eXpansys runs well under bluez?

Rgds,
Fintan

2005-05-03 08:01:32

by Pavel Ruzicka

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Compatability

> Can anyone tell me if Socket CF Bluetooth with PCMCIA Adaptor, sold
> for example at eXpansys runs well under bluez?

There are more versions of card. I have revision F, which is old Nokia
based and works with dtl1 kernel module under kernel 2.4 or 2.6.

New revision G is CSR based and uses hci_uart and serial.cs.
There is problem with kernel 2.6. You must use patch for serial.cs which
solve problem. These problems was discussed in this list before few weeks.
Some discussions about SOCKET G card and patch is here:
http://www.summet.com/x31/socket.html

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka