2005-05-05 03:57:40

by Vinod

Subject: [Bluez-users] options on an ipaq after installing bluez

Hi All. I plan to install bluez on two ipaq's that i
have and then probably write up some simple
applications to communicate (like a chat application)
between them. What options do i have to develop on
such a linux installation with bluez. Can i use gcc or
java to write the required communication applications?
does bluez have API's to interface with both languages
?

Any help would be appreciated especially since i am
only starting out on this.

Thanks,
Vinod

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html

by Marco Trudel

Hello Vinod

Vinod wrote:
> What options do i have to develop on
> such a linux installation with bluez. Can i use gcc or
> java to write the required communication applications?

both is possible.
you can directly work with bluez using c or you can use the avetana jsr82
to use java. (The avetana stack uses bluez.)
Both are GPL.

regards
Marco