2005-05-11 11:46:17

by Johannes Engel

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth-adapter not detected

Hi!

On my new Asus V6835VLP there is a bluetooth adapter by Toshiba with a
CSR-chip. Using M$ WinXP everything works great. Only SuSE does not
recognize the availability of the chip, it is just not available for
SuSE. What can I do about that?

Greetings, Johannes

by Johannes Engel

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth-adapter not detected

Marcel Holtmann schrieb:

> I doubt that it is connected otherwise then USB, but check lspci and
>
>dmesg for weird entries.
>
>Does is have a hardware switch for WiFi/Bluetooth somewhere. Otherwise I
>think you need a special tool or ACPI module for it. Ask Asus or your
>manufacturer about it.

After two weeks of guessing and trying it works now!!
There is a switch but under linux it needs half a minute to react. Now
everything seems to be fine.
Anyway thanks a lot for your advice!

Greetings, Johannes

by Nils Faerber

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Johannes,

> >first check /proc/bus/usb/devices.
> >
> I did and found nothing about the bluetooth adapter. A copy of the
> output is enclosed.

I doubt that it is connected otherwise then USB, but check lspci and
dmesg for weird entries.

Does is have a hardware switch for WiFi/Bluetooth somewhere. Otherwise I
think you need a special tool or ACPI module for it. Ask Asus or your
manufacturer about it.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] obex support for bluez

Hi Vinod,

> Thanks for the USB dongle recommendations for
> my previous post. I had one more this time concerning
> bluetooth enabled ipaq's i have.
>
> Is there anyway i can run obex over bluez without
> having to download some tar files and compiling them?
> I came across a couple of articles which point me
> towards downloading OpenOBEX files.
>
> I need to run it over two ipaq's running familiar
> linux and they dont have any c compilers. some
> solutions i read about suggest compiling it elsewhere
> and loading the binary back to my ipaqs and running
> it. e.g http://www.handhelds.org/projects/skiffcluster.html
> is one place where i can compile for ARM architecture.
> Looking for a simpler solution if one exists.

actually all distribution have an Bluetooth enabled OpenOBEX package and
some tools for using it. Try KDE Bluetooth or Gnome Bluetooth or look
for obexftp or obextool etc.

Regards

Marcel

by Vinod

Subject: [Bluez-users] obex support for bluez

Hi All. Thanks for the USB dongle recommendations for
my previous post. I had one more this time concerning
bluetooth enabled ipaq's i have.

Is there anyway i can run obex over bluez without
having to download some tar files and compiling them?
I came across a couple of articles which point me
towards downloading OpenOBEX files.

I need to run it over two ipaq's running familiar
linux and they dont have any c compilers. some
solutions i read about suggest compiling it elsewhere
and loading the binary back to my ipaqs and running
it. e.g http://www.handhelds.org/projects/skiffcluster.html
is one place where i can compile for ARM architecture.
Looking for a simpler solution if one exists.

Thanks,
Vinod

by Johannes Engel

T: Bus=05 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
B: Alloc= 0/900 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.11-20a-engel uhci_hcd
S: Product=UHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=0000:00:1d.3
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms

T: Bus=04 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
B: Alloc= 0/900 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.11-20a-engel uhci_hcd
S: Product=UHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=0000:00:1d.2
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms

T: Bus=03 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
B: Alloc= 93/900 us (10%), #Int= 1, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.11-20a-engel uhci_hcd
S: Product=UHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=0000:00:1d.1
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms

T: Bus=03 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=046d ProdID=c00f Rev=11.10
S: Manufacturer=Logitech
S: Product=USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr= 98mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=usbhid
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 4 Ivl=10ms

T: Bus=02 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
B: Alloc= 0/900 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.11-20a-engel uhci_hcd
S: Product=UHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=0000:00:1d.0
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 8
B: Alloc= 0/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.11-20a-engel ehci_hcd
S: Product=EHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=0000:00:1d.7
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=256ms

Attachments:
devices.txt (2.70 kB)

2005-05-11 12:30:50

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Johannes,

Marcel Holtmann schrieb:

>check /proc/bus/usb/devices, but I think you need to activate it somehow
>before it will be detected by the USB bus.

But how to do that? I do not know any suitable method.

Greetings, Johannes

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Johannes,

> On my new Asus V6835VLP there is a bluetooth adapter by Toshiba with a
> CSR-chip. Using M$ WinXP everything works great. Only SuSE does not
> recognize the availability of the chip, it is just not available for
> SuSE. What can I do about that?

check /proc/bus/usb/devices, but I think you need to activate it somehow
before it will be detected by the USB bus.

Regards

Marcel

by CIJOML

Dne st 11. kv=ECtna 2005 13:46 Johannes Engel napsal(a):
> Hi!
>
> On my new Asus V6835VLP there is a bluetooth adapter by Toshiba with a
> CSR-chip. Using M$ WinXP everything works great. Only SuSE does not
> recognize the availability of the chip, it is just not available for
> SuSE. What can I do about that?

Probably you need inicialize adapter with some special kernel module (maybe=
=20
acerhk)

Michal

> Greetings, Johannes