2005-05-30 04:32:08

by CIJOML

Subject: [Bluez-users] hidd sometimes doesn't start

Hi Marcel,

hidd sometimes doesn't start when booting using /etc/default/bluetooth

Bluetooth: Core ver 2.7
NET: Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.7
Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
hidp: Unknown symbol l2cap_load

^^^^^
here

usb 1-2: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd hid2hci rqt 64 rq 0 len 0 ret -84
usb 1-2: USB disconnect, address 3
Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.5
Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.8
usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb
mtrr: base(0xe8020000) is not aligned on a size(0x300000) boundary
codec_semaphore: semaphore is not ready [0x1][0x700300]
codec_read 1: semaphore is not ready for register 0x54
Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.1
^^^^^

started by hand

kernel 2.6.12-rc5

Michal

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hidd sometimes doesn't start

Hi Michal,

> hidd sometimes doesn't start when booting using /etc/default/bluetooth
>

> Bluetooth: Core ver 2.7
> NET: Registered protocol family 31
> Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
> Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
> Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.7
> Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
> hidp: Unknown symbol l2cap_load

this looks like a race in the kernel module loader. I've seen it too
sometimes, but never found the cause of it.

If you can reproduce it reliable then you might post it to the LKML.

Regards

Marcel