2005-06-13 19:46:56

by Ronny L Nilsson

Subject: [Bluez-users] varying time to connect

Hi
I guess this is normal, but I'm a bit curious:

When connecting to a remote device with:
hcitool cc 00:11:22:33:44:55
the time for the connection to succeed vary from anything between 0.5 -
5 seconds. Is there any good explanation for this? Shouldn't it be
somewhat equal each and every time? Especially when trying many times
in a row?

Is there a way to optimse the connection phase? Obviously it can be
made within 0.5 s, but how to do it every time and not just randomly?

BR
/Ronny Nilsson

by Ronny L Nilsson

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] varying time to connect

> The short answer is no. The connection algorithm (paging) is
> probabilistic, and the frequency that one bluetooth device is
> listening on may not match the frequency the connecting device is
> transmitting on for a few seconds.
> -albert

Ok, thanks. But isn't inquireing meant to fix that? Then one "scan" for
remote device clock offset, right? So both use same freq simultaneously
(my guess only). Isn't that fetched clock offset used when doing a
connect?

BR
/Ronny Nilsson

> On 6/13/05, Ronny L Nilsson <[email protected]> wrote:
> > When connecting to a remote device with:
> > hcitool cc 00:11:22:33:44:55
> > the time for the connection to succeed vary from anything between
> > 0.5 - 5 seconds. Is there any good explanation for this? Shouldn't
> > it be somewhat equal each and every time? Especially when trying
> > many times in a row?
> >
> > Is there a way to optimse the connection phase? Obviously it can be
> > made within 0.5 s, but how to do it every time and not just
> > randomly?
> > /Ronny Nilsson

by Albert Huang

The short answer is no. The connection algorithm (paging) is
probabilistic, and the frequency that one bluetooth device is
listening on may not match the frequency the connecting device is
transmitting on for a few seconds.

-albert=20