2005-06-12 08:57:01

by Graham White

Subject: [Bluez-users] can't receive files from phone

I have a Thinkpad T42 running Ubuntu Hoary, and a Motorola V547 mobile
phone. I can do almost anything I want with the bluetooth connection
to the mobile: ppp over gprs, send files to the mobile from the
thinkpad, send sms with gnome-phone-manager, and so on. However,
I cannot send files to the thinkpad from the mobile: the mobile
discovers the thinkpad correctly, but when I select it for
file transfer I get a dialogue box on the mobile saying
"Unable to Connect". hcidump -x on the thinkpad shows, for each
failed connection attempt, the following three lines:

> HCI Event: Connect Request (0x04) plen 10
BF AA 58 8A 12 00 04 22 52 01
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
00 01 09 04
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
21 29 00 BF AA 58 8A 12 00 01 00

This behaviour is exactly the same whether I have gnome-obex-server
running, or obexserver running, or *nothing at all* running.

And I have the device class correctly set; that is, I have
a line in hcid.conf on the thinkpad saying

class 0x100100;

(in fact, if I had the device class wrong, the mobile couldn't
discover the thinkpad, and it can).

Anyone got any ideas?

Graham White

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] error on bluez-utils compile(fc4)

Hi John,

> so libs2 and utils2 is not related to 2.17 of both on
> site?

these will be the next generation, but for now libs and utils are the
current 2.17 revision.

Regards

Marcel

by John H.

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

> I tried utils, and it gave me this error...
>
> hciconfig.o(.text+0x1bd4): In function `cmd_inq_type':
> hciconfig.c: undefined reference to
> `hci_write_inquiry_scan_type'
> hciconfig.o(.text+0x1bf8):hciconfig.c: undefined
> reference to `hci_read_inquiry_scan_type'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [hciconfig] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/tmp/bluez-utils-cvs/tools'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/bluez-utils-cvs'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

you need the libs from CVS, too.

> utils2 gave me this error on configure, although I
> have luez-libs 2.17 installed ...
>
> checking for bt_inquiry in -lbluetooth... no
> configure: error: Bluetooth library not found

Don't mix libs2 or utils2 with current libs and utils.

Regards

Marcel

by John H.

apparently not, or something.

I tried utils, and it gave me this error...

hciconfig.o(.text+0x1bd4): In function `cmd_inq_type':
hciconfig.c: undefined reference to
`hci_write_inquiry_scan_type'
hciconfig.o(.text+0x1bf8):hciconfig.c: undefined
reference to `hci_read_inquiry_scan_type'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [hciconfig] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/tmp/bluez-utils-cvs/tools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/bluez-utils-cvs'
make: *** [all] Error 2

utils2 gave me this error on configure, although I
have luez-libs 2.17 installed ...

checking for bt_inquiry in -lbluetooth... no
configure: error: Bluetooth library not found

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> > Any ideas? I am assuming it's something new with
> > dbus.
> >

> > dbus.o(.text+0x75): In function
> > `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
> > dbus.c: undefined reference to
> > `dbus_message_append_iter_init'
> > dbus.o(.text+0x85):dbus.c: undefined reference to
> > `dbus_message_iter_append_boolean'
> > dbus.o(.text+0x91):dbus.c: undefined reference to
> > `dbus_message_iter_append_byte_array'
> > dbus.o(.text+0x2f1): In function
> > `reply_handler_function':
> > dbus.c: undefined reference to
> > `dbus_pending_call_get_reply'
> > dbus.o(.text+0x354):dbus.c: undefined reference to
> > `dbus_message_iter_get_string'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: *** [hcid] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory
> > `/tmp/bluez-utils-2.17/hcid'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/bluez-utils-2.17'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> the CVS version should fix it.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> Migration Strategies
> from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps,
> straightforward articles,
> informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi John,

> thanks, is it ok to leave the other parts of bluez as
> released versions?

that won't work. Autoconf must detect the supported D-Bus functions.

Regards

Marcel

by John H.

Subject: [Bluez-users] error on bluez-utils compile(fc4)

[...]

Subject: [Bluez-users] upgrade to fc4 kills bluez-utils

and so I tried to recompile and i get this, despite
recompiling/installing bluez-libs

-L/usr/lib -ldbus-1 /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so
dbus.o(.text+0x75): In function
`hcid_dbus_request_pin':
dbus.c: undefined reference to
`dbus_message_append_iter_init'
dbus.o(.text+0x85):dbus.c: undefined reference to
`dbus_message_iter_append_boolean'
dbus.o(.text+0x91):dbus.c: undefined reference to
`dbus_message_iter_append_byte_array'
dbus.o(.text+0x2f1): In function
`reply_handler_function':
dbus.c: undefined reference to
`dbus_pending_call_get_reply'
dbus.o(.text+0x354):dbus.c: undefined reference to
`dbus_message_iter_get_string'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [hcid] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/tmp/bluez-utils-2.17/hcid'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/bluez-utils-2.17'
make: *** [all] Error 2

by digitalfredy

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] python error on bluepin

El lun, 13-06-2005 a las 13:15 -0700, John H. escribi=F3:
John, another option if bluepin don`t work is bluez-pin (it es the
default in debian)
> ah ok. it's not getting called no matter what,
> though, what is supposed to call it? It never pops
> anything up when I tell my phone to search and pair.
>=20
>=20
> --- Marco Trudel <[email protected]> wrote:
>=20
> > You've to supply the apropriate parameters if you
> > wan't to call it=20
> > yourself. It won't work withhout them.
> > It's a pyton script, you can look at the source...
> >=20
> > regards
> > Marco
> >=20
> >=20
> > John H. wrote:
> > > I ran this from X:)
> > >=20
> > > --- Fredy P <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> > >=20
> > >=20

> "/var/tmp/pygtk2-2.6.2-root/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/_=
_init__.py",
> > >=20

> > >=20
> > >

> http://el-directorio.org/index.php/Bluetooth_en_debian
> > >=20
> > can

> > chair

> > >=20

> > Games.
> > the
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > > =09
> > > __________________________________=20
> > > Discover Yahoo!=20
> > > Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM
> > and more. Check it out!=20
> > > http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html
> > >=20
> > >=20

> > Games. How far can you shotput
> > > a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
> > down the office luge track?
> > > If you want to score the big prize, get to know
> > the little guy. =20
> > > Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
> > http://www.necitguy.com/?r=3D20
> > >=20
> > >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20

> > How far can you shotput
> > a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
> > down the office luge track?
> > If you want to score the big prize, get to know the
> > little guy. =20
> > Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
> > http://www.necitguy.com/?r=3D20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> =09

by Marco Trudel

If your computer needs a pin for pairing, it gets called.
usually you're in security mode 1, there's no pin required...

hcid.conf holds the mentioned settings.

regards
Marco

John H. wrote:
> ah ok. it's not getting called no matter what,
> though, what is supposed to call it? It never pops
> anything up when I tell my phone to search and pair.
>

> --- Marco Trudel <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>You've to supply the apropriate parameters if you
>>wan't to call it
>>yourself. It won't work withhout them.
>>It's a pyton script, you can look at the source...
>>
>>regards
>>Marco
>>

>>John H. wrote:
>>
>>>I ran this from X:)
>>>
>>>--- Fredy P <[email protected]>

> "/var/tmp/pygtk2-2.6.2-root/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py",

> http://el-directorio.org/index.php/Bluetooth_en_debian

>>can

>>chair

>>Games.

>>the

>>>__________________________________
>>>Discover Yahoo!
>>>Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM
>>
>>and more. Check it out!
>>
>>>http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html

>>Games. How far can you shotput
>>
>>>a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
>>
>>down the office luge track?
>>
>>>If you want to score the big prize, get to know
>>
>>the little guy.
>>
>>>Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
>>
>>http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

>> How far can you shotput
>>a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
>>down the office luge track?
>>If you want to score the big prize, get to know the
>>little guy.
>>Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
>>http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

by John H.

ah ok. it's not getting called no matter what,
though, what is supposed to call it? It never pops
anything up when I tell my phone to search and pair.

--- Marco Trudel <[email protected]> wrote:

> You've to supply the apropriate parameters if you
> wan't to call it
> yourself. It won't work withhout them.
> It's a pyton script, you can look at the source...
>
> regards
> Marco
>

> John H. wrote:
> > I ran this from X:)
> >
> > --- Fredy P <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >

> >>El dom, 12-06-2005 a las 19:50 -0700, John H.
> >>escribi?:

"/var/tmp/pygtk2-2.6.2-root/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py",

> >>its becouse your blue_pin needs X, for use without
> >>you can made a
> >>simple pin_helper, you can see it in:

http://el-directorio.org/index.php/Bluetooth_en_debian

> >>In spanish, but if you read the congig files you
> can
> >>understand

> >>protection around

> >>Games. How far can you shotput

> chair
> >>
> >>down the office luge track?

> >>the little guy.

> >>http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

> Games.
> >> How far can you shotput
> >>a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
> >>down the office luge track?
> >>If you want to score the big prize, get to know
> the
> >>little guy.
> >>Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
> >>http://www.necitguy.com/?r
> >

> > __________________________________
> > Discover Yahoo!
> > Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM
> and more. Check it out!
> > http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html

> Games. How far can you shotput
> > a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
> down the office luge track?
> > If you want to score the big prize, get to know
> the little guy.
> > Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
> http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

> How far can you shotput
> a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
> down the office luge track?
> If you want to score the big prize, get to know the
> little guy.
> Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
> http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

by Marco Trudel

John H. wrote:
> I ran this from X:)
>
> --- Fredy P <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>El dom, 12-06-2005 a las 19:50 -0700, John H.
>>escribi?:
>>
>>> bluepin
>>>Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>>>Xlib: No protocol specified
>>>
>>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "/usr/bin/bluepin", line 39, in ?
>>> import gtk
>>> File
>>>

> "/var/tmp/pygtk2-2.6.2-root/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py",
>
>>>line 37, in ?
>>>RuntimeError: could not open display
>>
>>its becouse your blue_pin needs X, for use without x
>>you can made a
>>simple pin_helper, you can see it in:
>>

> http://el-directorio.org/index.php/Bluetooth_en_debian
>
>>In spanish, but if you read the congig files you can
>>understand

>>>Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
>>
>>protection around
>>
>>>http://mail.yahoo.com

>>Games. How far can you shotput
>>
>>>a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
>>
>>down the office luge track?
>>
>>>If you want to score the big prize, get to know
>>
>>the little guy.
>>
>>>Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
>>
>>http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

>> How far can you shotput
>>a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
>>down the office luge track?
>>If you want to score the big prize, get to know the
>>little guy.
>>Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
>>http://www.necitguy.com/?r

by John H.

I ran this from X:)

--- Fredy P <[email protected]> wrote:

> El dom, 12-06-2005 a las 19:50 -0700, John H.
> escribi?:
> > bluepin
> > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> > Xlib: No protocol specified
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "/usr/bin/bluepin", line 39, in ?
> > import gtk
> > File

"/var/tmp/pygtk2-2.6.2-root/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py",
> > line 37, in ?
> > RuntimeError: could not open display
> its becouse your blue_pin needs X, for use without x
> you can made a
> simple pin_helper, you can see it in:

http://el-directorio.org/index.php/Bluetooth_en_debian
> In spanish, but if you read the congig files you can
> understand

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

> Games. How far can you shotput
> > a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
> down the office luge track?
> > If you want to score the big prize, get to know
> the little guy.
> > Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
> http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20

> How far can you shotput
> a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair
> down the office luge track?
> If you want to score the big prize, get to know the
> little guy.
> Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display:
> http://www.necitguy.com/?r

by digitalfredy

El dom, 12-06-2005 a las 19:50 -0700, John H. escribi=F3:
> bluepin
> Xlib: No protocol specified
>=20
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/bluepin", line 39, in ?
> import gtk
> File
> "/var/tmp/pygtk2-2.6.2-root/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/_=
_init__.py",
> line 37, in ?
> RuntimeError: could not open display
its becouse your blue_pin needs X, for use without x you can made a
simple pin_helper, you can see it in:
http://el-directorio.org/index.php/Bluetooth_en_debian
In spanish, but if you read the congig files you can understand

>=20
>=20

by John H.

Subject: [Bluez-users] python error on bluepin

bluepin
Xlib: No protocol specified

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/bluepin", line 39, in ?
import gtk
File
"/var/tmp/pygtk2-2.6.2-root/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py",
line 37, in ?
RuntimeError: could not open display

by digitalfredy

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] can't receive files from phone

El dom, 12-06-2005 a las 09:57 +0100, Graham White escribi=F3:
> I have a Thinkpad T42 running Ubuntu Hoary, and a Motorola V547 mobile
> phone. I can do almost anything I want with the bluetooth connection
> to the mobile: ppp over gprs, send files to the mobile from the
> thinkpad, send sms with gnome-phone-manager, and so on. However,
> I cannot send files to the thinkpad from the mobile: the mobile
> discovers the thinkpad correctly, but when I select it for
> file transfer I get a dialogue box on the mobile saying
> "Unable to Connect". hcidump -x on the thinkpad shows, for each
> failed connection attempt, the following three lines:
>=20
> > HCI Event: Connect Request (0x04) plen 10
> BF AA 58 8A 12 00 04 22 52 01
> > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
> 00 01 09 04
> > HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
> 21 29 00 BF AA 58 8A 12 00 01 00
>=20
> This behaviour is exactly the same whether I have gnome-obex-server
> running, or obexserver running, or *nothing at all* running.=20
>=20
> And I have the device class correctly set; that is, I have
> a line in hcid.conf on the thinkpad saying
>=20
> class 0x100100;
>=20
> (in fact, if I had the device class wrong, the mobile couldn't=20
> discover the thinkpad, and it can).=20
>=20
> Anyone got any ideas?
For send and recive files whit my sonyericsson i use obexftp,
y made some ifo about it in spanish, but you can read the conf files for
understand.
http://el-directorio.org/index.php/T610:Transferencia_de_Archivos#Preparaci=
.C3.B3n_de_Debian_GNU.2FLinux