2005-06-21 21:03:59

by Michael Alladin

Subject: [Bluez-users] multimedia keys MS Bluetooth desktop

If I run hcidump utility, all normal keys generate some data dumps,
BUT the multimedia keys produce nothing!!

How could this be? With Same keyboard, same computer, multimedia keys work
great in WinXP.

I read somewhere in regards to a USB game controller, that depending on how
the device is initialized, it will report a DIFFERENT number of buttons.

Any thoughts???

by CIJOML

Hi Marcel,

maybe that is problem. It show it only connected

notas:/home/cijoml# hidd --show
00:50:F2:XX:XX:XX Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard [045e:007b] connected
00:50:F2:XX:XX:XX Microsoft Five Button Mouse [045e:007c] connected

Bluetooth: Core ver 2.7
NET: Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.7
Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.1-mh1
usb 3-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd hid2hci rqt 64 rq 0 len 0 ret -=
84
Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.5
Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 3
usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
mtrr: base(0xe8020000) is not aligned on a size(0x300000) boundary
Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.8
usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb

Michal

Dne st 22. =E8ervna 2005 0:43 Marcel Holtmann napsal(a):
> Hi Michal,

> > > the key may not work, but you will at least see them with hcidump.
> >
> > I tried hcidump as first application...nothing happens after pressing
> > button
>
> that is weird. Does hidd shows this device in boot-protocol mode?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

=2D-=20
S pozdravem

Michal Semler

by Marcel Holtmann

Dne =FAt 21. =E8ervna 2005 23:06 Marcel Holtmann napsal(a):
> Hi Hui,
>
> > If I run hcidump utility, all normal keys generate some data dumps,
> > BUT the multimedia keys produce nothing!!
> >
> > How could this be? With Same keyboard, same computer, multimedia keys
> > work great in WinXP.
> >
> > I read somewhere in regards to a USB game controller, that depending on
> > how the device is initialized, it will report a DIFFERENT number of
> > buttons.
>
> try a 2.6.12-mh1 kernel and check again.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

=2D-=20
S pozdravem