2005-06-22 09:04:18

by David Wuertele

Subject: [Bluez-users] Pairing in FC4 without gnome or kde?

I've done a complete install of FC4 but I do not run Gnome or KDE
(they just drive me nuts). Now I'm trying to pair my headset. I
think there is this gnome-bluetooth-manager thingie that is supposed
to prompt you for your pin when it gets a message on the dbus, but it
isn't working for me, and I suspect it is because I'm not running
Gnome or KDE.

So I tried writing my own pin script:

#!/bin/sh
# leave a trace so I know what's going on
echo $@ >> /tmp/zeropin.log
# return the pin for my headset
echo "PIN:0000"

I changed my /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf to comment out the dbus system
and use my script, like this:

# D-Bus PIN helper
#dbus_pin_helper;
pin_helper /usr/local/bin/zeropin;

I then did "service stop bluetooth" and "service start bluetooth", and
then put my headset in pairing mode. But nothing happens.

Can someone give this poor non-gnome non-kde user a clue?

FWIW, here's what bluez I have installed:

# rpm -qa | grep -i bluez
bluez-libs-devel-2.15-1
bluez-libs-2.15-1
bluez-utils-2.15-7
bluez-pin-0.24-2
bluez-utils-cups-2.15-7
bluez-hcidump-1.18-1

# hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:20:E0:75:D6:F6 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:879 acl:0 sco:0 events:54 errors:0
TX bytes:1454 acl:0 sco:0 commands:45 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'localhost.localdomain-0'
Class: 0x120104
Service Classes: Networking
Device Class: Computer, Desktop workstation
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x222 LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x222
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

# hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:20:E0:75:D6:F6 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
Build 546
Chip version: BlueCore02-External
Max key size: 128 bit
SCO mapping: HCI

Thanks,
Dave

by Esther López Casariego

Subject: RE: [Bluez-users] Pairing in FC4 without gnome or kde?

Hi
I have the same problem... How to connect to the device to trigger the
authentication process?

Regards