2005-06-30 12:48:02

by uceemoa

Subject: [Bluez-users] RFCOMM connection problem Casira (Bluelab) and Bluez

Hi all,

I'm a newbie for this bluez. I have a dongle (Bluez) and trying to connect with
Casira (Bluelab). I can not establish the RFCOMM connection between both of
them. I set the Casira as slave and the dongle (bluez) as a master. I try to
connect the dongle, rfcomm connect 0 <addr>. But it display "can't open RFCOMM
device : No such file or directory". I hd try to connect with Nokia 660, and
it's working. Do any of you know what I should do? one more thing, how I want
to disable the modem status command?

by Esther López Casariego

Subject: [Bluez-users] SDPD problem

Hello you all
I'm trying to get Bluez work. I'm making some progress, but I haven't been
able to add services to the Linux box, and discover them through another
devices.

When I type sdpd, to start the sdp daemon, the following error arise:

init_server: binding L2CAP socket: Address already in use
main: Server initialization failed

(If I type sdptool add XX, nothing really happens)

How can I manage to get it into work?

Thanks and regards

by Esther López Casariego

Hello
Have you created the device rfcomm0? I'm also new with BlueZ, and have been
this days trying to get it into work. In my case, but doing the following,
I managed to establish the rfcomm connection:

mknod /dev/rfcomm0 c 216 0 -> to create the device

Edit /etc/Bluetooth/rfcomm.conf
rfcomm0{ bind yes;
device 00:00:00:00;
channel 1;
comment "name";
}
Replace the 00:00:00:00 with the address of the device you want to connect
to, and the channel number to the one defined for the service you want to
use.

I hope this helps!! (It works for me)

Regards

Esther Lopez

I'm a newbie for this bluez. I have a dongle (Bluez) and trying to connect
with
Casira (Bluelab). I can not establish the RFCOMM connection between both of
them. I set the Casira as slave and the dongle (bluez) as a master. I try to
connect the dongle, rfcomm connect 0 <addr>. But it display "can't open
RFCOMM
device : No such file or directory". I hd try to connect with Nokia 660,
and
it's working. Do any of you know what I should do? one more thing, how I
want
to disable the modem status command?

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] SDPD problem

Hi Esther,

> I'm trying to get Bluez work. I'm making some progress, but I haven't been
> able to add services to the Linux box, and discover them through another
> devices.
>
> When I type sdpd, to start the sdp daemon, the following error arise:
>
> init_server: binding L2CAP socket: Address already in use
> main: Server initialization failed

this means that a SDP server is already running.

> (If I type sdptool add XX, nothing really happens)
>
> How can I manage to get it into work?

Add them and then check with "sdptool browse local".

Regards

Marcel