2005-06-30 18:41:56

by Matthew Lenz

Subject: [Bluez-users] FC4 bluetooth setup

Has anyone setup fc4 to act as a gateway for their pda? anyone stumbled
across any info on setting it up for FC4? .. FC4 starts up bluez
services on startup which i'm sure all of you already know. I was just
curious if there was anything already configured in FC4 to allow
services (internet access) for handheld devices. I'd thought they made
bluetooth + FC4 "just work" .. is that not the case?

-Matt

by Esther López Casariego

Subject: RE: [Bluez-users] FC4 bluetooth setup

Hi Matt
I'm currently working on setting up FC4 and Bluetooth. I have made lots of
progress by searching on the web, and I have read lots of web pages.
Currently, I have managed to create a PAN profile with a FC4 box and a
Windows XP one. I have follow the instructions in
http://www.jeremythompson.uklinux.net/RH8-0/bluezhowto.pdf
http://bluez.sourceforge.net/contrib/HOWTO-PAN

Moreover, this web page is related with Palm and Linux
http://www.harbaum.org/till/palm/bluetooth/

I don't know what is your degree of experience (I'm really new with Bluez),
so perhaps you know this, but you have to change hci.conf file also to
accommodate to your devices.

Feel free to write again if you have some specific question, I will try to
help you if I know how...

Esther

PS. Do you know something about sdpd? Yesterday I wrote an email and nobody
replies, I get an error, and can't discover added services in my linux box
from other devices :(