2005-07-08 23:29:42

by CIJOML

Subject: [Bluez-users] MSI dongle flash

Hi,

I have here dongle from MSI firmware
HCI 18.2 bc02x bc02x_8unified_fl_bt1.2_18p2_0405241530_encr56 May 24,
2004 0x570 (1392)

0db0:697a Micro Star International

I would like flash it via Apple fw to have it 128bit encryption. Is it
possible? Does anybody had success with it? This dongle is some unknown
public I took with my new laptop. MSI is not mentioned on it, but it look
like MSI

Thanks for reply

Michal

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] MSI dongle flash

Hi Michal,

> I have here dongle from MSI firmware
> HCI 18.2 bc02x bc02x_8unified_fl_bt1.2_18p2_0405241530_encr56 May 24,
> 2004 0x570 (1392)
>
> 0db0:697a Micro Star International
>
> I would like flash it via Apple fw to have it 128bit encryption. Is it
> possible? Does anybody had success with it? This dongle is some unknown
> public I took with my new laptop. MSI is not mentioned on it, but it look
> like MSI

unless you have a firmware for this VID/PID combination I won't try to
flash it. The genernal rule is if they don't have the VID/PID from CSR
set, then their is a good chance that they also signed their firmware.

Regards

Marcel