2005-07-13 17:02:58

by Vinod

Subject: [Bluez-users] Obex file transfer from ipaq

Hi All.

I have ipaq 3870 running familiar linux v0.8.2 with
kernel 2.4.19. I want to send files to a desktop
running windows and a usb bluetooth dongle.

The bluetooth on my ipaq is detected and i can use
hcitool to find the other device. My question is how
to send files from the ipaq to the other bluetooth
device?

I found a page
http://www.caside.lancs.ac.uk/java_bt.php

which uses obex transfer. But a tool they use
'ussp-push' is not avialable to install through ipkg
and i cant compile usng make on my ipaq due to no gcc
compiler.
Is there any other way i can do this file transfer?
I can detect a obex service on the other machine.

i installed obexftp_0.10.3-r0_arm.ipk to see if i can
use this. However i am unure of how to use it.

# ipkg install openobex-apps_1.0.0-r0_arm.ipk
Installing openobex-apps (1.0.0-r0) to root...
Configuring openobex-apps
root@h3600:/etc/bluetooth# obexftp
-sh: obexftp: not found

Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Vinod

by Claudio Takahasi

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Obex file transfer from ipaq

Hi Vinod,=20

Use gnome-bluetooth or kdebluetooth.

Other option is use command line app. There is an email=20
posted in the bluez-users list explaining how receive files.=20
The subject is "OBEX File Receive".

Regards,
Claudio.