2005-08-19 16:19:32

by Kevin Page

Subject: [Bluez-users] 8250.c kernel patch for Socket CF bluetooth card

Hi,

Firstly, I can confirm that the patch to 8250.c (posted to this list by
Mathias Adam on 2005-03-05) applies cleanly to 2.6.12 (Fedora patched
kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4), and that with this patch my Socket
CompactFlash bluetooth card works again (without it I get the "BCSP
timed out" error on hciattach).

Secondly, does anyone know if this patch has already been pushed
upstream to the kernel?

Regards,

kev

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mathias,

> > Secondly, does anyone know if this patch has already been pushed
> > upstream to the kernel?
>
> I have sent it to someone which was mentioned as the maintainer of this
> kernel code some time ago, but didn't get an answer...
> What else could I/one do to get this into the standard kernel? I don't
> know much about linux kernel development processes though...
> At least I got notes from a number of people who used this patch
> successfully so I think it would be very useful to put it into the
> kernel.

create a patch against the latest 2.6.12-rc6 kernel and post it to the
kernel mailing list.

Regards

Marcel

by Mathias Adam

On 19.08.05 17:19:32, Kevin Page wrote:
> Firstly, I can confirm that the patch to 8250.c (posted to this list by
> Mathias Adam on 2005-03-05) applies cleanly to 2.6.12 (Fedora patched
> kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4), and that with this patch my Socket
> CompactFlash bluetooth card works again (without it I get the "BCSP
> timed out" error on hciattach).

great :-)

> Secondly, does anyone know if this patch has already been pushed
> upstream to the kernel?

I have sent it to someone which was mentioned as the maintainer of this
kernel code some time ago, but didn't get an answer...
What else could I/one do to get this into the standard kernel? I don't
know much about linux kernel development processes though...
At least I got notes from a number of people who used this patch
successfully so I think it would be very useful to put it into the
kernel.

Regards,
Mathias

--=20
Der Jammer der Menschen ist, da=DF die Narren so sicher sind und die
Klugen so voller Zweifel. (Bertrand Russel)