2005-09-03 09:51:32

by Seba T.

Subject: [Bluez-users] pand host to host stability

hey i'm trying to get my bluetooth connection to connect two host with pand
=20
on both hosts I run
=20
hciconfig hci0 up
hcid
sdpd
=20
hcitool cc address_of_device_A
=20
"hcitool con" shows active connection
=20
so on host A i do
=20
pand -n --listen --master
=20
and from host B
pand -c address_of_device_A
=20
i have /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up files configured so the interfaces bnep0 =
on=20
both mashines come up
=20
everything works ok- i can ping the mashine -and even using masquerading=20
connect to the internet. i can ping hosts on internet and i could even ente=
r=20
a www page but
after some seconds when the transfer is high the connection just disapears
any clue?
=20
the funny think is i have 2 usb bluetooth dongles of different brends and=
=20
ping works both ways. but when i want to open a www from host A on host B i=
t=20
works and opening www from host B on the host A crashes the connection and =
i=20
have to do the pand -c thing again
=20
my /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up:

#!/bin/sh
ifconfig $1 up 192.168.0.130 broadcast 192.168.0.255 netmask 255.255.255.128
route add default gw 192.168.0.129
#end

any clues?

2. i dont have any brctl on my system- do i really need it ?

3. what should be the transfer between 2 bluetooth dongles each for 100mete=
rs=20
=2Dwhen i'm at 3meters - i have 12kB/s i think it's not enough

my bluez version is 2.20

=2D-=20