2005-09-08 02:12:39

by 宁 宁

Subject: [Bluez-users] How can I access Internet over PAN?

hi,

I want to access Internet through PAN . I have to BT
modules that work propely on two ARM9 platform (linux
2.4.18) .And I can create a BNEP connection between
the PANU and the NAP following the steps in the
HOWTO-PAN.

1.
on NAP side:
pand --listen --master --role=NAP
on PANU side:
pand -c <bt_addr>

2.
on NAP side:
ifconfig bnep0 10.0.0.1
on PANU side:
ifconfig bnep0 10.0.0.2

Utill now,I can ping each other!
$ pand --show
bnep0 4A:49:4E:00:15:2D NAP

3.
on NAP side:
brctl addbr pan0
ifconfig pan0 10.0.0.1
brctl setfd pan0 0
brctl stp pan0 disable
brctl addif pan0 eth0

$ brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled
interfaces
pan0 8000.0000c0ffee08 no eth0

on PANU side:
route add default gw 10.0.0.1

Then,on PANU I ping the eth0 IP address of NAP ,but it
says on "NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out "!

What's the problem? How can I access Internet over
PAN??

Do I have to enable ip_forward and iptables? But the
2.4.18 kernel seems don't work with these! I have
build in iptables,but I still can't use "iptables"
command!

Thanks in advance!

gadfly

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] How can I access Internet over PAN?

Hi Gadfly,

> I want to access Internet through PAN . I have to BT
> modules that work propely on two ARM9 platform (linux
> 2.4.18) .And I can create a BNEP connection between
> the PANU and the NAP following the steps in the
> HOWTO-PAN.
>
> 1.
> on NAP side:
> pand --listen --master --role=NAP
> on PANU side:
> pand -c <bt_addr>
>
> 2.
> on NAP side:
> ifconfig bnep0 10.0.0.1
> on PANU side:
> ifconfig bnep0 10.0.0.2
>
> Utill now,I can ping each other!
> $ pand --show
> bnep0 4A:49:4E:00:15:2D NAP
>
> 3.
> on NAP side:
> brctl addbr pan0
> ifconfig pan0 10.0.0.1
> brctl setfd pan0 0
> brctl stp pan0 disable
> brctl addif pan0 eth0
>
> $ brctl show
> bridge name bridge id STP enabled
> interfaces
> pan0 8000.0000c0ffee08 no eth0
>
> on PANU side:
> route add default gw 10.0.0.1
>
> Then,on PANU I ping the eth0 IP address of NAP ,but it
> says on "NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out "!
>
> What's the problem? How can I access Internet over
> PAN??
>
> Do I have to enable ip_forward and iptables? But the
> 2.4.18 kernel seems don't work with these! I have
> build in iptables,but I still can't use "iptables"
> command!

it is a bad idea to bridge between eth0 and pan0. Use IP forwarding and
masquerading for this.

And the 2.4.18 is not a good choice. Try to update it, because I stopped
supporting it a long time ago.

Regards

Marcel