2005-09-12 08:12:41

by Wu Jason

Subject: [Bluez-users] I can't compile with -lbluetooth

I use "gcc -o test test.c -lbluetooth" to compile my program,
but it didn't work and has error message mean it can't find -lbluetooth,
how can I do?
my platform is fedora core 3 included bluez.

Attachments:
(No filename) (195.00 B)
(No filename) (266.00 B)

by Wu Jason

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: I can't compile with -lbluetooth

Hi,

Thanks for your help,=20
After I installed the libarary, I can compile the code.

On 9/13/05, Esther Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi
> I had quite the same problem in Fedora 4, and I solved it by installing t=
he
> "bluez-libs-devel-xx". I had to install the same version I had for
> BlueZ-libs, and I solved it. I found the package using http://rpm.pbone.n=
et/
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Esther
>=20

QA
> > Security * Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/bsce5=
sf

by Esther López Casariego

Hi
I had quite the same problem in Fedora 4, and I solved it by installing the
"bluez-libs-devel-xx". I had to install the same version I had for
BlueZ-libs, and I solved it. I found the package using http://rpm.pbone.net/

Regards

Esther

but all package I can find on official web site are:

bluez-libs-2.21.tar.gz
bluez-utils-2.21.tar.gz
bluez-pin-0.26.tar.gz
bluez-firmware-1.0.tar.gz
bluez-hcidump-1.25.tar.gz
bluez-hciemu-1.2.tar.gz

There was no package you said.

By the way, I attach the error message generated when I compile

[root@localhost c]# gcc -o rfcomm-server rfcomm-server.c -lbluetooth
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbluetooth
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

[root@localhost c]# gcc -o rfcomm-server rfcomm-server.c -llibbluetooth
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibbluetooth
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

On 9/13/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Sorry I don't know what do you mean bluez devel package,
> > the following are packages default installed:
> >
> > [root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep ^bluez
> > bluez-libs-2.10-2
> > bluez-hcidump-1.11-1
> > bluez-bluefw-1.0-6
> > bluez-utils-2.10-2
> >
> > Did I miss something?
>
> I think the package is called bluez-libs-devel.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Wu Jason

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: I can't compile with -lbluetooth

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,=20
but all package I can find on official web site are:

bluez-libs-2.21.tar.gz=20
bluez-utils-2.21.tar.gz=20
bluez-pin-0.26.tar.gz=20
bluez-firmware-1.0.tar.gz=20
bluez-hcidump-1.25.tar.gz=20
bluez-hciemu-1.2.tar.gz=20

There was no package you said.

By the way, I attach the error message generated when I compile

[root@localhost c]# gcc -o rfcomm-server rfcomm-server.c -lbluetooth
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbluetooth
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

[root@localhost c]# gcc -o rfcomm-server rfcomm-server.c -llibbluetooth
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibbluetooth
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

On 9/13/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> > Sorry I don't know what do you mean bluez devel package,=20
> > the following are packages default installed:
> >=20
> > [root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep ^bluez
> > bluez-libs-2.10-2
> > bluez-hcidump-1.11-1
> > bluez-bluefw-1.0-6
> > bluez-utils-2.10-2
> >=20
> > Did I miss something?=20
>=20
> I think the package is called bluez-libs-devel.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Marcel
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] I can't compile with -lbluetooth

Hi,

> Sorry I don't know what do you mean bluez devel package,
> the following are packages default installed:
>
> [root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep ^bluez
> bluez-libs-2.10-2
> bluez-hcidump-1.11-1
> bluez-bluefw-1.0-6
> bluez-utils-2.10-2
>
> Did I miss something?

I think the package is called bluez-libs-devel.

Regards

Marcel

by Wu Jason

Hi,

Sorry I don't know what do you mean bluez devel package,=20
the following are packages default installed:

[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep ^bluez
bluez-libs-2.10-2
bluez-hcidump-1.11-1
bluez-bluefw-1.0-6
bluez-utils-2.10-2

Did I miss something?=20

On 9/13/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> > I use "gcc -o test test.c -lbluetooth" to compile my program,
> > but it didn't work and has error message mean it can't find
> > -lbluetooth,
> > how can I do?
>=20
> install the BlueZ devel package and show us the full error messages.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Marcel
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I use "gcc -o test test.c -lbluetooth" to compile my program,
> but it didn't work and has error message mean it can't find
> -lbluetooth,
> how can I do?

install the BlueZ devel package and show us the full error messages.

Regards

Marcel

by Pedro Pinto

Hello!
Try using libbluetooth.so instead.

Good luck

On 9/12/05, Wu Jason <[email protected]> wrote:

> I use "gcc -o test test.c -lbluetooth" to compile my program,
> but it didn't work and has error message mean it can't find -lbluetooth,
> how can I do?
> my platform is fedora core 3 included bluez.

Attachments:
(No filename) (313.00 B)
(No filename) (661.00 B)
Download all attachments