2005-09-30 09:27:36

by ronny hidayat

Subject: [Bluez-users] Installing BlueZ

Hi all,

I have Linux Debian with 2.6.8-2-k7 kernel version.
When I check with 'dpkg -l' command, I can see that
Bluez (hcidump, pin and utils) already installed on
system.

Can my bluetooth device (from CSR, firmware
version 525) work with Bluez ?

In the BlueZ website, there are 6 packages to download:
- libs
- utils
- pin
- firmware
- hcidump
- hciemu
Why only hcidump, pin & utils installed on my Linux
Debian ?

So, I'd download libs, firmware & hciemu packages,
how to install these packages and work together with
old packages ?

Regards
Ronny

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Installing BlueZ

Hi Ronny,

> I have Linux Debian with 2.6.8-2-k7 kernel version.
> When I check with 'dpkg -l' command, I can see that
> Bluez (hcidump, pin and utils) already installed on
> system.
>
> Can my bluetooth device (from CSR, firmware
> version 525) work with Bluez ?
>
> In the BlueZ website, there are 6 packages to download:
> - libs
> - utils
> - pin
> - firmware
> - hcidump
> - hciemu
> Why only hcidump, pin & utils installed on my Linux
> Debian ?
>
> So, I'd download libs, firmware & hciemu packages,
> how to install these packages and work together with
> old packages ?

you should look at "man apt-get".

Regards

Marcel