2005-10-09 09:36:12

by Sebastian Beßler

Subject: [Bluez-users] Boot Protocol Problem with Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse

Hello,

I bought myself the Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth
Package with Keyboard and Mouse and now I have the Problem that it is
only recognized as a Boot Protocol Device

DarkMetatron metatron # hidd
00:0D:3A:A2:92:28 HID Boot Device [045e:0099] connected [boot-protocol]

(ATM i use only the Keyboard so only one Device in the list)

i have tried it both with an older ALLNET ALL1575 and the brand-new
Microsoft Bluetooth Tranciever 2.0 that was shipped with the package.

Greetings

Sebastian Be=C3=9Fler

by Sebastian Beßler

Robert Siemer schrieb:

> Patch the kernel. Stock kernels have only boot-protocol support.

Thx very much, now it works like a charm.

by Robert Siemer

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 11:36:12AM +0200, Sebastian Be?ler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bought myself the Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth
> Package with Keyboard and Mouse and now I have the Problem that it is
> only recognized as a Boot Protocol Device
>
> DarkMetatron metatron # hidd
> 00:0D:3A:A2:92:28 HID Boot Device [045e:0099] connected [boot-protocol]

Patch the kernel. Stock kernels have only boot-protocol support.

Robert

by Sebastian Beßler

Robert Siemer wrote:
>> My question now is:
>> Is there a kernel-patch to come for 2.6.15 or what should/could I do to
>> get it work again? I don't wanna downgrade to <2.6.15 if it isn't really
>> necessary.
>
> a) wait
> b) try to apply the 2.6.14 patch

I assume i have to take a) because b) only gave me "Reversed (or
previously applied) patch detected!"-messages.

If nothing other goes i search for my USB-mouse, because I really miss
my scrollwheel.

Sebastian

by Robert Siemer

> My question now is:
> Is there a kernel-patch to come for 2.6.15 or what should/could I do to
> get it work again? I don't wanna downgrade to <2.6.15 if it isn't really
> necessary.

a) wait
b) try to apply the 2.6.14 patch

I have not looked at it, but b) will probably work if the kernel didn't
changed too much in that region...

Robert

by Sebastian Beßler

Hello,

I bought myself the Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth
Package with Keyboard and Mouse some time ago. At first I had some
Problems with "boot-protocol-only" until somebody told me to apply the
patch. After that all works nearly perfect. But now I upgraded to Kernel
2.6.15 and I can't find the kernelpatch for that. First I thought that
maybe it was applied to the kernel-tree and build the Kernel with my old
config.

But now I'm there were I started: