2005-10-26 19:40:53

by lady jane

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez compact flash kernel compatability question

from what i can tell, the socket card seems to be well
supported under both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. can anyone
confirm this? please specify revision code as well.

i've held off on replacing my card (ambicom/ericsson)
until now since it worked flawlessly on my zaurus
under 2.4 but, given the amount of time i've spent
with it, i could have replaced it with the SL-6000
with built in btooth!

thanks in advance!

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hello,

> from what i can tell, the socket card seems to be well
> supported under both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. can anyone
> confirm this? please specify revision code as well.

I have old revision F Socket CF bluetooth card.
This card id Nokia dtl1 based and works under kernel 2.4
and 2.6. Only one problem is, that driver doesn't support
suspend/resume. After suspending is needed eject/insert
by cardctl utility or physical reinsert.

New revisions use serial.cs driver. There are needed patch
for some 2.6 kernels, but I don't know if recent 2.6 kernel
for Zaurus have this baudrate patch included.

These cards are perfect, because they have built-in antena.

best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka