2005-12-02 12:19:47

by Swathi Mathur80

Subject: [Bluez-users] Porting bluez onto different embedded systems

Hello,
I doing research on porting the powerful bluetooth stack, bluez onto different embedded systems. I went through the questions which were being asked on porting bluez onto different embedded systems. Some of the developers have said it is possible to port bluez onto different platforms but it involves a lot of modifications have to be done. Can someone provide me with useful links or informations which will be helpful in porting bluez onto different OS.
All the comments are welcome as it will be helpful in doing my research.
Waarm Regards,
Swathi

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Personals

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Swathi,

> I doing research on porting the powerful bluetooth stack, bluez onto
> different embedded systems. I went through the questions which were
> being asked on porting bluez onto different embedded systems. Some of
> the developers have said it is possible to port bluez onto different
> platforms but it involves a lot of modifications have to be done. Can
> someone provide me with useful links or informations which will be
> helpful in porting bluez onto different OS.
> All the comments are welcome as it will be helpful in doing my
> research.

I think that it is badly spent time even trying to port it. Everything
of BlueZ inside the kernel is fully kernel specific and the Bluetooth
library depends on the interfaces offered by the Bluetooth subsystem
inside the kernel. However feel free to try porting it, but keep in mind
the every line of code is GPL and that any port must be GPL, too.

Regards

Marcel