2005-12-05 08:34:40

by Arch Sayo

Subject: [Bluez-users] Did not proceed with 2nd OBEX Connect request

Hi Marcel,

Yes, you're right. There was no OBEX Connect request following the SDP service request. What I was trying to ask is that supposed to be, there is another OBEX Connect request following the SDP service request. However as you have seen in the hcidump trace, this did not happen. The normal flow of the Bluetooth transaction on the client side is that after the SDP service request, there will be a 2nd OBEX Connect request (without a prior OBEX Disconnect request for the 1st OBEX Connect request). In this regard, is there something in BlueZ that prevents this from happening?

Thank you so much,
Arch

> Supposedly, after the L2CAP disconnection, the
Bluetooth device
> (mobile phone) will issue another OBEX Connect
Request. However, as
> you may see in this trace, the 2nd OBEX Connect
Request was not
> issued. I hope to know more about what happened to
the connection and
> why doesn't the transaction proceed.

the first L2CAP is to PSM 3 to establish the RFCOMM
connection and then
it establishes the OBEX connection on channel 5. The
second L2CAP is to
PSM 1 for an SDP service request. There are no
multiple OBEX connection
requests.

Regards

Marcel

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Personals

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Arch,

> Yes, you're right. There was no OBEX Connect request following the SDP
> service request. What I was trying to ask is that supposed to be,
> there is another OBEX Connect request following the SDP service
> request. However as you have seen in the hcidump trace, this did not
> happen. The normal flow of the Bluetooth transaction on the client
> side is that after the SDP service request, there will be a 2nd OBEX
> Connect request (without a prior OBEX Disconnect request for the 1st
> OBEX Connect request). In this regard, is there something in BlueZ
> that prevents this from happening?

additional SDP request can happen every time. For example to get
information about a status channel or something else. Check the
Bluetooth core or profile specifications for more details.

Regards

Marcel