2005-12-05 10:32:57

by Arch Sayo

Subject: [Bluez-users] RFCOMM disconnect command from slave device

Hi Marcel,

I would like to ask if it is okay for a slave device to be the first to issue a disconnect command in the RFCOMM layer rather than the master device. Usually, after the OBEX Disconnect request of the master device and the corresponding response of the slave device, the master issues a disconnect command in the RFCOMM layer. However, the slave device (running on BlueZ) is the first one to issue a disconnect command in the RFCOMM layer, and the master device issues a disconnect command (RFCOMM) after that of the slave device. Is this okay?

Trace for this kind of transaction is as follows:
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 17
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 13 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 1 dlci 10 pf 1 ilen 8 fcs 0xac credits 1
OBEX: Disconnect cmd(f): len 8
Connection ID (0xcb) = 0
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 11
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 7 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(d): UIH: cr 0 dlci 10 pf 0 ilen 3 fcs 0x6a
OBEX: Disconnect rsp(f): status 200 len 3
Status 200 = Success
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): DISC: cr 0 dlci 10 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0xc
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): DISC: cr 1 dlci 10 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0x6d
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): UA: cr 1 dlci 10 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0x47
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): DM: cr 0 dlci 10 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0xc7
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 41 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): DISC: cr 1 dlci 0 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0xfd
< ACL data: handle 41 flags 0x02 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 4 [psm 3]
RFCOMM(s): UA: cr 1 dlci 0 pf 1 ilen 0 fcs 0xd7

Thanks so much,
Arch

---------------------------------

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Arch,

> I would like to ask if it is okay for a slave device to be the first
> to issue a disconnect command in the RFCOMM layer rather than the
> master device. Usually, after the OBEX Disconnect request of the
> master device and the corresponding response of the slave device, the
> master issues a disconnect command in the RFCOMM layer. However, the
> slave device (running on BlueZ) is the first one to issue a disconnect
> command in the RFCOMM layer, and the master device issues a disconnect
> command (RFCOMM) after that of the slave device. Is this okay?

I don't see any problem with that and so far there were no problems at
all. However the ownership of connections is something that is unclear
within the Bluetooth specification.

Regards

Marcel