2005-12-14 07:30:20

by Arch Sayo

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: adding Additional Protocol Descriptor List

Hi Marcel,

I have tried writing code to add the Additional Protocol Descriptor List. But it seems that the data still cannot be added as a 3-level sequence (sequence of a sequence of a sequence). The data I added for the Additional Protocol Descriptor List still look similar to the Protocol Descriptor List (2-level sequence of data).

Here is the code corresponding to adding the SDP attribute:

int sdp_set_add_access_protos(sdp_record_t *rec, const sdp_list_t *ap)
{
const sdp_list_t *p;
const sdp_list_t *pp;
sdp_data_t *protos = 0;

for (p = ap->data; p; p = p->next) {
sdp_data_t *seq = access_proto_to_dataseq2(rec, (sdp_list_t *)p->data);
protos = sdp_seq_append(protos, seq); // protos = seq;
}

sdp_attr_add(rec, SDP_ATTR_ADD_PROTO_DESC_LIST, protos);
return 0;
}

int add_additional_proto(void)
{

/* Add Additional Protocol Descriptor List */
sdp_uuid16_create(&l2cap_uuid, L2CAP_UUID);
proto2[0] = sdp_list_append(0, &l2cap_uuid);
apseq3 = sdp_list_append(0, proto2[0]);
apseq2 = sdp_list_append(0, apseq3);

sdp_uuid16_create(&rfcomm_uuid, RFCOMM_UUID);
proto2[1] = sdp_list_append(0, &rfcomm_uuid);

channel2 = sdp_data_alloc(SDP_UINT8, &chan2);
proto2[1] = sdp_list_append(proto2[1], channel2);
apseq3 = sdp_list_append(apseq3, proto2[1]);

sdp_uuid16_create(&obex_uuid, OBEX_UUID);
proto2[2] = sdp_list_append(0, &obex_uuid);
apseq3 = sdp_list_append(apseq3, proto2[2]);

addproto = sdp_list_append(0, apseq3);

sdp_set_add_access_protos(&record, addproto);

return 0;
}

As you can see, I changed the attribute ID to correspond to SDP_ATTR_ADD_PROTO_DESC_LIST (0x000d) in the sdp_set_add_access_protos(). However, the data was not added correctly. I would like to ask in what other parts of the code should I make corresponding changes to add the sdp data correctly.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Arch Sayo

Hi Arch,

> Thank you with that information on adding the 1284ID
attribute.

you are welcome. I assume it is working perfect now.

> Now, I am trying to add the Additional Protocol
Descriptor List to my
> sdp record. The Additional Protocol Descriptor List
is almost similar
> to the Protocol Descriptor List. The only difference
is that while the
> Protocol Descriptor List is a sequence of a sequence
of data (2
> levels), the Additional Protocol Descriptor List is
a sequence of a
> sequence of a sequence of data (3 levels) .I tried
doing this using
> the function sdp_set_access_protos() and just
substituting the
> Attribute ID in the function from
SDP_ATTR_PROTO_DESC_LIST to
> SDP_ATTR_ADD_PROTO_DESC_LIST. However, as you may
already know, this
> will not solve it since the Protocol Descriptor List
is only a
> sequence of a sequence.
>
> In this regard, I would like to ask how I will be
able to add a
> sequence of a sequence of a sequence of data to my
sdp record. Or in
> other words, how will I add the Additional Protocol
Descriptor List to
> my sdp record.

And again Collin already ran into the same problem,
because you also
need them for HID. So I think we need a
sdp_set_add_access_protos()
function for this job. Feel free to send me a patch.

Regards

Marcel

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Shopping

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] [email protected]

Hi OJ,

> Is there any scheduled convention for next year in the
> month of March or April? Will you be having it in
> asia? How much would it cost if I want to join?

I haven't planned anything for Asia next year. My schedule for 2006 is
almost fresh and empty and so far I only know of an event in March some
place in England and another one in Germany.

Regards

Marcel

by oj ravadilla

Subject: [Bluez-users] [email protected]

Hi Marcel,

Is there any scheduled convention for next year in the
month of March or April? Will you be having it in
asia? How much would it cost if I want to join?

Thanks,
OJ

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi OJ,
>
> > I'm just wondering if you conduct
> conventions/seminars
> > about bluez and bluetooth?
>
> yes, I do, but obvious they are not for free.
> Contact me directly in a
> separate email, if you need any further details.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> you grep through log files
> for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search
> engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the
> web. DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] just asking

Hi OJ,

> I'm just wondering if you conduct conventions/seminars
> about bluez and bluetooth?

yes, I do, but obvious they are not for free. Contact me directly in a
separate email, if you need any further details.

Regards

Marcel

by oj ravadilla

Subject: [Bluez-users] just asking

Hi Marcel,

I'm just wondering if you conduct conventions/seminars
about bluez and bluetooth?

Thanks,
OJ

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Arch,

> > I have tried writing code to add the Additional Protocol Descriptor
> > List. But it seems that the data still cannot be added as a 3-level
> > sequence (sequence of a sequence of a sequence). The data I added for
> > the Additional Protocol Descriptor List still look similar to the
> > Protocol Descriptor List (2-level sequence of data).
>
> you should coordinate with Collin, because he also needs this.

forget about that. I did the patch by myself. Feel free to try it out.

Regards

Marcel

Attachments:
patch (2.09 kB)

2005-12-14 07:41:20

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Arch,

> I have tried writing code to add the Additional Protocol Descriptor
> List. But it seems that the data still cannot be added as a 3-level
> sequence (sequence of a sequence of a sequence). The data I added for
> the Additional Protocol Descriptor List still look similar to the
> Protocol Descriptor List (2-level sequence of data).

you should coordinate with Collin, because he also needs this.

> <
> SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">

And please never post HTML emails to the mailing list. The plain old
ASCII emails are still working perfect.

Regards

Marcel