2006-01-10 21:02:31

by Ehab El Maraghy

Subject: [Bluez-users] ISSC USB dongle Bluetooth problem

Hi all
I have a new Bluetooth USB dongle
I want to use it to connect to my phone
I connect it to USB and type usbview I see it (hci_usb ) in red color
does that mean it need a driver ?
when i type hcitool dev (display local device )
it answers back with the 12 digits code of the dongle
but when i type hcitoolscan to discover my phone it scans and discovers
nothing and time out
any suggestions ? blueZ are opobex tool are installed.

Hciconfig -a gives :

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:11:67:0C:4C:1F ACL MTU: 678:8 SCO MTU: 48:10
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN INQUIRY
RX bytes:382 acl:0 sco:0 events:17 errors:0
TX bytes:317 acl:0 sco:0 commands:17 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8d 0x78 0x08 0x18 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'BlueZ (0)'
Class: 0x000100
Service Classes: Unspecified
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.2 (0x2) HCI Rev: 0x1ae LMP Ver: 1.2 (0x2) LMP Subver:
0x1ae
Manufacturer: Integrated System Solution Corp. (57)

2006-01-31 22:02:47

by Christian Schuglitsch

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] ISSC USB dongle Bluetooth problem

>in general it should work with every dongle, but so far the best results
>are still with CSR based dongles. However I am happy for any patch that
>makes other dongles work, too.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

That's my only chance to make my bluefritz!2.0 dongle work some day. I
haven't used it so far...

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi David,

> > then you should buy yourself a CSR based dongle.
>
> Just a small question about that: I thought it isn't possible to use
> snd-bt-sco with a non-CSR dongle at all - independent of the kernel version?!
> Did I miss something here?

in general it should work with every dongle, but so far the best results
are still with CSR based dongles. However I am happy for any patch that
makes other dongles work, too.

Regards

Marcel

by David Geiger

Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2006 23:02 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
> then you should buy yourself a CSR based dongle.

Just a small question about that: I thought it isn't possible to use
snd-bt-sco with a non-CSR dongle at all - independent of the kernel version?!
Did I miss something here?

Regards, David
--
David Geiger

(No filename) (341.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ehab,

> I followed all the steps written in documentations.
> Is there no other way simpler than this ?
> I am using Redhat 9 with 2.4.20-8 Kernel
> Upgrading the kernel is a big hassle

then you should buy yourself a CSR based dongle.

Regards

Marcel

by Ehab El Maraghy

Marcel
I followed all the steps written in documentations.
Is there no other way simpler than this ?
I am using Redhat 9 with 2.4.20-8 Kernel
Upgrading the kernel is a big hassle

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ehab,

> I have a new Bluetooth USB dongle
> I want to use it to connect to my phone
> I connect it to USB and type usbview I see it (hci_usb ) in red color
> does that mean it need a driver ?
> when i type hcitool dev (display local device )
> it answers back with the 12 digits code of the dongle
> but when i type hcitoolscan to discover my phone it scans and
> discovers nothing and time out
> any suggestions ? blueZ are opobex tool are installed.

use the latest 2.6 kernel.

Regards

Marcel