2006-01-14 20:44:13

by Ehab El Maraghy

Subject: [Bluez-users] ISSC USB dongle Bluetooth problem (Patching the Kernel)

Hi All
I have sent a mail couple of days ago concerning that ISSC chip is not
able to operate on Kernel 2.4.20-8
One thing I did not try at that time which is patching the kernel
I downloaded the patch ?patch-2.4.20-mh18.gz?
Trying to apply the patch I got the following message

[root@Ehab src]# patch -p0 < patch-2.4.20-mh18.gz
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -urN linux-2.4.20/arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c
linux-2.4.20-mh18/arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c
|--- linux-2.4.20/arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c 2002-11-29
00:53:12.000000000 +0100
|+++ linux-2.4.20-mh18/arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c 2004-08-01
16:31:28.000000000 +0200
--------------------------
File to patch:

Kernel source is in folder called linux-2.4.20-8 not 2.4.20
should I change overy instant in the patch file to add -8 ?

Whats the next step ? make menuconfig ?

by Niv

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Logitech BT headphones at 30$ AR

Hi Brad,
As soon as I receive them, I will drop a line here.
I would be happy to supply you with the data you need

Niv

Brad Midgley wrote:

>Niv
>

>>In case any of you are looking for a deal on a pair of headphones,
>>I suggest you look in this post over at fatwallet.
>>http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=0&catid=18&threadid=567739
>>
>>I got them after a 10% cupon making it 81$ before the 50$ rebate.
>>free shipping and even 2% off using the fatwallet link.
>>
>>hope the quality is acceptable.
>>

>This hp/logitech set is the whole reason we have a timer option to use
>the realtime clock. It's very picky about timing, but that keeps us honest.
>
>Hopefully since it comes through logitech they have windows drivers? I'd
>like someone to help me figure out the avrcp commands to raise and lower
>the set's volume. (Marcel suggested a way to snoop the usb bus for hci
>traffic when running windows inside vmware)
>
>Brad

by Brad Midgley

Subject: [Bluez-users] Logitech BT headphones at 30$ AR

In case any of you are looking for a deal on a pair of headphones,
I suggest you look in this post over at fatwallet.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=0&catid=18&threadid=567739

I got them after a 10% cupon making it 81$ before the 50$ rebate.
free shipping and even 2% off using the fatwallet link.

hope the quality is acceptable.
Niv

by Yann E. MORIN

Hi all,
Ehab,

On Saturday 14 January 2006 214, Ehab El Maraghy wrote:
> [root@Ehab src]# patch -p0 < patch-2.4.20-mh18.gz

How comes you can use gziped data as input to patch?

> can't find file to patch at input line 4
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |diff -urN linux-2.4.20/arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c=20
> linux-2.4.20-mh18/arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c
> |--- linux-2.4.20/arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c 2002-11-29=20
> 00:53:12.000000000 +0100
> |+++ linux-2.4.20-mh18/arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c 2004-08-01=20
> 16:31:28.000000000 +0200
> --------------------------
> File to patch:
>=20
> Kernel source is in folder called linux-2.4.20-8 not 2.4.20
> should I change overy instant in the patch file to add -8 ?

$ cd linux-2.4.20-8
$ zcat /some/where/patch-2.4.20-mh18.gz |patch -p1

That tells patch to ignore the first directory, and tells it to assume to be
in the correct directory (which is true because you cd'ed in there in the f=
irst
place).

> Whats the next step ? make menuconfig ?

Assuming you get your kernel from your distribution maker (RedHat I saw in =
the
archives) it should be already configured. If not, do a menuconfig first, t=
hen
run :
$ make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install
$ cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-8-bluez-issc

and add it to your bootloader menu (lilo I guess).

=46rom your other message, you seem to have been able to put it in the 'up'
state. How ddid you do that (yeah, hciconfig hci0 up), but apart that?
Mine refuses to go up, and it even has no BT address... :-/

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

=2D-=20
=2E-----------------.--------------------.------------------.--------------=
=2D-----.
| Yann E. MORIN | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspira=
cy: |
| +0/33 662376056 | Software Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN | ^ =
|
| --=3D=3D< =B0_=B0 >=3D=3D-- =B0---.----------------: X AGAINST | =
/e\ There is no |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI@home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL | """ conspirac=
y. |