2006-01-16 13:40:00

by Jerry Geis

Subject: [Bluez-users] sco mtu: 64: 0

I saw that an SCO MTU: 16:0 should work for audio.
What about an SCO MTU: 64: 0 - will that work?

This is a kensington bluetooth USB dongle 2.0

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:03:C9:AF:21:95 ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:0
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:378 acl:0 sco:0 events:16 errors:0
TX bytes:309 acl:0 sco:0 commands:16 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8d 0xfe 0x9b 0xf9 0x00 0x80
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'BlueZ (0)'
Class: 0x3e0100
Service Classes: Networking, Rendering, Capturing
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 2.0 (0x3) HCI Rev: 0x2000 LMP Ver: 2.0 (0x3) LMP
Subver: 0x4127
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corporation (15)

2006-01-16 16:52:04

by Jerry Geis

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] sco mtu: 64: 0

the lsusb -vvv is

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 1.10
bDeviceClass 9 Hub
bDeviceSubClass 0 Unused
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x0000
idProduct 0x0000
bcdDevice 2.06
iManufacturer 3 Linux 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL uhci_hcd
iProduct 2 UHCI Host Controller
iSerial 1 0000:00:1d.2
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 25
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xc0
Self Powered
MaxPower 0mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 1
bInterfaceClass 9 Hub
bInterfaceSubClass 0 Unused
bInterfaceProtocol 0
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0002 bytes 2 once
bInterval 255
Hub Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 41
nNbrPorts 2
wHubCharacteristic 0x000a
No power switching (usb 1.0)
Per-port overcurrent protection
bPwrOn2PwrGood 1 * 2 milli seconds
bHubContrCurrent 0 milli Ampere
DeviceRemovable 0x00
PortPwrCtrlMask 0x00
Language IDs: (length=4)
0409 English(US)

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 047d:105e Kensington
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 224 Wireless
bDeviceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bDeviceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
bMaxPacketSize0 64
idVendor 0x047d Kensington
idProduct 0x105e
bcdDevice 0.00
iManufacturer 1 Kensington
iProduct 2 Bluetooth EDR Dongle
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 216
bNumInterfaces 4
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xa0
Remote Wakeup
MaxPower 100mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0010 bytes 16 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x82 EP 2 IN
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 bytes 64 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 bytes 64 once
bInterval 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 1
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0000 bytes 0 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x03 EP 3 OUT
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0000 bytes 0 once
bInterval 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 1
bAlternateSetting 1
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0009 bytes 9 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x03 EP 3 OUT
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0009 bytes 9 once
bInterval 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 1
bAlternateSetting 2
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0011 bytes 17 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x03 EP 3 OUT
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0011 bytes 17 once
bInterval 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 1
bAlternateSetting 3
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0019 bytes 25 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x03 EP 3 OUT
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0019 bytes 25 once
bInterval 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 1
bAlternateSetting 4
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0021 bytes 33 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x03 EP 3 OUT
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0021 bytes 33 once
bInterval 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 1
bAlternateSetting 5
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 224 Wireless
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency
bInterfaceProtocol 1 Bluetooth
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0031 bytes 49 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x03 EP 3 OUT
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0031 bytes 49 once
bInterval 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 2
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x84 EP 4 IN
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0020 bytes 32 once
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x04 EP 4 OUT
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type none
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0020 bytes 32 once
bInterval 1
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 3
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 0
bInterfaceClass 254 Application Specific Interface
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Device Firmware Update
bInterfaceProtocol 0
iInterface 0
unknown device class descriptor: 07 21 07 88 13 40 00
Language IDs: (length=4)
0409 English(US)

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 1.10
bDeviceClass 9 Hub
bDeviceSubClass 0 Unused
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x0000
idProduct 0x0000
bcdDevice 2.06
iManufacturer 3 Linux 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL uhci_hcd
iProduct 2 UHCI Host Controller
iSerial 1 0000:00:1d.0

Michal Semler wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Try better lsusb -vvv
>
>Michal
>
>Dne po 16. ledna 2006 17:40 Jerry Geis napsal(a):
>

>>Marcel,
>>
>>Thanks, here it is
>>
>>Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>>Bus 001 Device 002: ID 047d:105e Kensington
>>Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>>
>>If you have something you want me to try I'd be happy
>>to try it...
>>
>>Jerry
>>
>>Marcel Holtmann wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Jerry,
>>>
>>>first of all, please use standard plain text ASCII emails in this
>>>mailing list. I don't need extra big fonts and prefer to choose the size
>>>of my fonts by myself and not by a weird HTML email.

>>>At the moment I am collection information about the Broadcom dongles and
>>>how to integrate a quirk for them. Please include the output of lsusb
>>>for this device.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>
>>>Marcel

by CIJOML

Hi,

Try better lsusb -vvv

Michal

Dne po 16. ledna 2006 17:40 Jerry Geis napsal(a):
> Marcel,
>
> Thanks, here it is
>
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 047d:105e Kensington
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>
> If you have something you want me to try I'd be happy
> to try it...
>
> Jerry
>
> Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> >Hi Jerry,
> >
> >first of all, please use standard plain text ASCII emails in this
> >mailing list. I don't need extra big fonts and prefer to choose the size
> >of my fonts by myself and not by a weird HTML email.
> >
> >>I saw that an SCO MTU: 16:0 should work for audio.
> >>What about an SCO MTU: 64: 0 - will that work?
> >
> >At the moment I am collection information about the Broadcom dongles and
> >how to integrate a quirk for them. Please include the output of lsusb
> >for this device.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Marcel

S pozdravem

Michal Semler

by Jerry Geis

Marcel,

Thanks, here it is

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Jerry,
>
>first of all, please use standard plain text ASCII emails in this
>mailing list. I don't need extra big fonts and prefer to choose the size
>of my fonts by myself and not by a weird HTML email.
>

>>I saw that an SCO MTU: 16:0 should work for audio.
>>What about an SCO MTU: 64: 0 - will that work?
>>

>At the moment I am collection information about the Broadcom dongles and
>how to integrate a quirk for them. Please include the output of lsusb
>for this device.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann