2006-02-04 19:04:52

by Tamer Higazi

Subject: [Bluez-users] conceptronic CBT100U with scala-500 headset pairing problem!

Hi!
I am trying to pair myheadset with my USB bluetooth dongle on Linux!

About my device:
#hcitool dev
Devices:
hci0 00:80:5A:30:BC:7D

If I run the command:

#hcitool cc 00:0A:9B:6C:65:A0

I receive this result:
Can't create connection: Input/output error

If I'd love to request info from the device:

#hcitool info 00:0A:9B:6C:65:A0

I receive this result:

Requesting information ...
Can't create connection: Input/output error

On Windows I can make easily a connection to that bluetooth device. I
want to make the same on Linux with the BTSCO package to make VoIP with
Skype.

If there is anybody who has experiences...

Thank you in advance

by Tamer Higazi

as you said... "encryption"!
As soon I disabled "encrypion", connection pairing was possible!

Thanks for the advise

Tamer

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 12:05 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Requesting information ...
> > > Can't create connection: Input/output error
> > You must enable authenticate in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf, restart hcid
> > whereafter. The default PIN code of your headset could be 0000, which
> > you must put into /etc/bluetooth/pin, or enter manually. The
> > communication between your computer and headset is encrypted enforced
> > by the headset.
>
> don't give the advice to set a device into security mode 3. This is
> never the solution to a problem. Run "hcidump -X -V" to analyze the real
> problem.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> > Requesting information ...
> > Can't create connection: Input/output error
> You must enable authenticate in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf, restart hcid
> whereafter. The default PIN code of your headset could be 0000, which
> you must put into /etc/bluetooth/pin, or enter manually. The
> communication between your computer and headset is encrypted enforced
> by the headset.

don't give the advice to set a device into security mode 3. This is
never the solution to a problem. Run "hcidump -X -V" to analyze the real
problem.

Regards

Marcel

by Tianlei Zhao