2006-03-05 12:55:32

by Franz Pucher

Subject: [Bluez-users] sending wap-push via bluetooth to mobile phone

Hi,

I am planning a project, where I need to send a wap push link via
bluetooth to a mobile phone.
Scenario: Someone walks near a bluetooth server and if his phone has
blueooth enabled then he receives a link on his mobile phone, that
links to a wap-url.

Although some people tell me that this is possible, I have not yet
found information about how to do this technically.

Can anyone inform me if this is possible in general and if this is
supported by Bluez?

Thanks a lot!
Franz

by Herman Meerlo

Hi Franz,

Franz Pucher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning a project, where I need to send a wap push link via
> bluetooth to a mobile phone.
> Scenario: Someone walks near a bluetooth server and if his phone has
> blueooth enabled then he receives a link on his mobile phone, that
> links to a wap-url.
>
> Although some people tell me that this is possible, I have not yet
> found information about how to do this technically.
>
> Can anyone inform me if this is possible in general and if this is
> supported by Bluez?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Franz

this is possible with OBEX Push. You can send a WML/HTML/XHTML page with
a link in it to a phone..... but there are not many phones that accept
these contenttypes over Bluetooth (well, many accept them but can not
display them). I know that SonyEricsson phones are able to show this,
but Nokia for example not. That is also one of the major drawbacks of
OBEX Push; you don't know what the mobile is capable of receiving.....

Regards,
Herman

by Tianlei Zhao

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 01:55:32PM +0100, Franz Pucher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am planning a project, where I need to send a wap push link via
> bluetooth to a mobile phone.
> Scenario: Someone walks near a bluetooth server and if his phone has
> blueooth enabled then he receives a link on his mobile phone, that
> links to a wap-url.
>
> Although some people tell me that this is possible, I have not yet
> found information about how to do this technically.

Though not quite understand what do you mean by wap-url, I suggest you
look into obex exchange profile of bluetooth. A lot of tools exist for
this purpose, such as obexftp, ussp-push, etc.